Thursday, January 29, 2009

One more WISP done!

I am happy to report I got another WISP done!!
Two Christmas' ago my dear friend Julia gave me this pattern for Nickolaus Day. She said I had time to have it finished for Christmas...I agreed! I just didn't say which Christmas :-)

Well Julia, I did !!
Do you believe it ??
I don't ! LOL

Here is the finished stitched Redwork. I had it done about 2 weeks ago and it kept sitting waiting to be made into a pillow.
From this .....

.......to this.
It is amazing what a bit of fabric can do.
It is a little early for Christmas but I said I was going to start my Christmas projects early! LOL

Why do I always take so long to finish stuff up? It makes me happy to see things done so that isn't the problem. My problem is that I have to many things going at once. I get excited about a new project and jump in with both feet, regardless if other things are put on hold. Sometimes I look for fabric for one project and get sidetracked to another. This makes my DH crazy ! He use to ask me if I ever was going to finish anything. I told him ...one day they will all get done. I explained to him that it is a creative process...I have to be in the mood to work on a project ( it has to talk to me). If I force myself to finish something it is work and my hobby should be pleasure, not work. I like to enjoy the journey...the finished product is a bonus. OK, a big bonus but it is my journey.
The funny thing is that I work much better under pressure. I need deadlines! If I don't have a deadline they never get done. I must be weird since most people hate deadlines. Actually I don't like deadlines either, it is just that if I have a date it MUST be done by then I will get it done. If you say to me ...make me one "whenever" you have time ...you'll never see it.
Boy, I really am strange.
I wonder if there are others like me out there ??
I guess I better sign off before your think I am totally weird.

Happy finished WISP Thursday !

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see you finished another project. Good for you.. Your pillow is lovely.
    Great job
    hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh BTW you are doing a great job on your blog.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Liz, Your redwork Christmas Pillow is very pretty. I am also very much like you, give me a deadline and I will get the project done. But my things have been undone for years. very sad face. I like your new blog. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pillow so pretty can I be next on the list to recieve one of these its still lots of time to finish before next Christmas LOL!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! It's just beautiful! Isn't it cool to have a Christmas project finished so early in the year? You are doing super with finishing WIPs! Hugs, Julia :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Liz, you finished projects are so nice!Hugs Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Liz, I think your stitching is wonderful. I have tagged you for a 6 picture Meme. Please have a look on my blog. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! The pillow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz! Congratulations on starting your blog.
    I love your finished projects and looking forward to reading your "Momments". Great job!
    Warm hugs,
    Lita

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...