Monday, February 9, 2009

6 more weeks of winter

This morning I woke up thinking about Groundhogs Day. Don't ask me why ?? The funniest things pop into my head as I am waking.
I had to know if we were going to have 6 more weeks of winter or was it finally coming to an end and was Spring in sight ???
Since it really isn't a holiday that is observed in Germany I didn't hear if Phil saw his shadow or not?
Right away I Googled it ( Don't you just love google ?? How did we survive without it ??) and sure enough I missed the day. Groundhogs Day was Feb. 2.
Well it turns out that Phil saw his shadow and we are to enjoy 6 more weeks of winter ...yeppee !
Can you see the joy in my face ??

To depress me even more ...as I opened our shutters this morning...it was snowing !!! I know this is not a big thing for some of you but where I live...snow is a rarity !
So don't pack away your winter clothes, we get to enjoy them a bit longer! Yeaaaaaaah !

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz... 6 more weeks of winter.... I wish! LOL... here, we will probably have snow until May :-( - it is still snowing here today (posted pics on my blog the other day).

    But I know what you mean when you say a rarity... when I lived in Scotland, I don't think I ever saw snow... that's changing now though.

    Well, cheer up... the more we wish for summer, the faster we wish our life way :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...