Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Today is our 12th Wedding Anniversary!
It feels like I just met my DH yesterday. Where did the time go ?

My DH wasn't the boy next door, or my school sweetheart; he was my vacation love.I bet you weren't expecting that :-)
I met my DH when I was on vacation in the Dominic Republic. Needless to say it was the best vacation of my life ! We met in the pool, playing water volleyball..we talked, we danced, we fell in love and as fate would have it, we married. We were in love...what else could we do ?

I think the best part is that my DH courted me. He had to, we lived 8,000 miles apart. I lived in the USA and he in Germany. Our courtship happened before emails, SMS and all the hightech stuff was popular.
We wrote letters, sent cards, little gifts and telephoned till late in the night. He flew to me, I flew to him and then finally we decide that I would move to Germany and see what happened. Eight months later we were married.( no I wasn't pregnant ..LOL)
This goes to show that vacation romances can work...all you need is cupid sitting on your shoulder and I have been holding his little feet since.

Since the 12 Anniversary really isn't a big one...not gold, silver or diamonds :-) I decided to look up what the traditional gifts are.

The Traditional gifts are : Silk or Linen....doesn't sound bad

The Modern gifts are: Pearls, Mother-of-Pearl or trip to Japan.....now this sounds much better !
Dear Honey...if you are reading this.....you know pearls are my favorite but how about getting pearls in Japan ?? Now that would be an Anniversary gift !!
I Love You !

Happy Anniversary Honey !


P.S. I want to thank everyone for the get well wishes, I think they helped!
I feel better today...unfortunately I am still sick but at least not dieing anymore ...LOL
I am going to try and take a shower and make myself look not like "a truck ran me over".
I should also get dressed...A girl can't spend her whole Anniversary in bed ...or can she ?? ;-))

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Liz and Ingo many many more. Love is everywhere even on vacation
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Liz
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Ingo. Celebrate.
    After reading the story of how you both met...you were both meant for each other.
    Lots of hugs,
    Lita
    Pleas give one to Max too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and Ingo. I enjoyed reading your love story;-)
    Hugs
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you and Ingo, what a nice lovestory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Liz and Ingo and many more to come
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's is so sweet.... I believe you can't find love, it finds you... :-)

    Happy Belated Greetings.... wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liz,

    happy belated anniversary!
    That's funny, on 6th february my husband and I celebrated our 12 1/2 anniversary and as you perhaps know, in Germany it is called 'Petersilienhochzeit'! So remember it in august, you must have parsley at home!

    Hugs from the quiet engel
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...