Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shopping with my Hubby

My Hubby is downstairs playing so I figured this would be a good time to blog a bit.
Yesterday we went shopping for a new carpet for the dining room but no luck. Instead I found the coolest signs. I have been looking for signs like these for a long time but could never find any. Actually, I always wanted a sign that said "Create" but I am super happy with these. One day I will find the Create one.....it is the hunter in me !

I spotted the "Love" one across the store and almost broke my leg running to get it ...my Honey had no idea what I was up but when he saw the big grin on my face all he said was ..."Do you want that ?? Where are you going to put it?" I told him "I have no idea but I have to have it! I think I will put it in my sewing room!"
I think he was relieved to hear that. He couldn't picture a big wooden LOVE in our home but my sewing room is OK.

As we continued to shop, he pointed out the "Dream" signs. I was off running again. I think it is a good thing that they didn't have more or I would of broken my legs yesterday.
Now I just have to find a spot in my sewing room for them (easier said then done) but for now they are on our dining room table so I can look at them!
Isn't it great when you find something you really like and it is on sale too ! What could be better??
.......coming home and finding a package or 2 !
I told you the postman always rings twice !
Especially if you order twice :-)
My fabrics from Honeyfork Fabrics arrived. Since they wouldn't all fit into one Global priority package they had to stuff it into 2. It looked like 2 footballs. Normally I am not a football fan but in this case I am!
These are more my usually colors ...red, greens & cream. Once again I have no idea what I will make with them but at $3.00 a yard how could I resist ?? I am sure I will think of something but for now I will just ohhhhh & ahhhh over them.

I am off to play with my new friends.

P.S. Cathy is having a giveaway for her 100th post. Check out her Blog and enter her drawing.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found your signs. My neighbor has LOVE,LAUGH, LIVE, Dream and one other I can't remember She painted hers black and has them above her kitchen cabinets. Along with some greenery. They look cute
    Love your fabric
    her kitchen is white black and red.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These signs are so sweet... simple yet powerful!

    Love your new stash, they look lovely together. I guess I will have to go check them out, never heard of them before... I think I might need some fabric, my stash is getting low, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...