Friday, March 13, 2009

Superstitions.....

Today is Friday the 13th!
For some of you it is just another Friday...for others it is a bad day!
I hate to admit it but I am superstitious !
Not the crazy kind but just enough to not take any chances!
I don't walk under ladders ...with my luck they would fall on my head !
I don't put shoes on the table...don't like to argue.
If I spill salt, I shake it over my left shoulder.
I never open an umbrella indoors, unless I am buying a new one..in the stores it doesn't count!
If a black cat crosses my path...I won't turn around but I will stop for a second and think about it. (OK, sometimes I will change my direction.)
As a kid I never stepped on the cracks ( unless I was mad at my mother)
If I swallow a watermelon seed, it won't grow in my belly ( I did believe this as a kid...I even tortured my sister with it...sorry SIS!)

Not all superstitions are bad......-A four leaf clover brings good luck...if I am sitting in the grass I will still look for one...there is always hope.
-An apple a day keeps the doctor away ( I really should eat more apples!)
-To find a penny heads up, brings good luck, put it in your left shoe for luck all day ( I even made my husband do this once ...he thought I was crazy but he did it!
-An itchy palm means money will come your way..I scratch my hands often but nothing happens.
-If you blow out all of the candles on your birthday cake with the first breath you will get whatever you wish for ( I need to blow harder!)
-To drop a fork means a woman will visit, a knife means a man and a spoon means a child. When I want company I just drop a bunch of silverware on the floor !
-To give someone a purse or wallet without money in it will bring that person bad luck (they will always be broke) I always put at least a penny in for luck.

Those are some of my favourite superstitions.
What is your favourite superstition??
I hope no black cats cross your path today ...I'm not taking any chances, I'm staying in !

2 comments:

  1. I had to giggle to myself reading your blog today. I haven't heard some one else speak them in a long long time. But I too think of them when something happens as dropping a fork and etc. Just yesterday Dylan said grandma only step on the squares. walking thru the house since we now have tile. LOL
    I didn't ask why just followed him thru the back door.
    Don't forget to wear green on Tuesday
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Liz.... LOL!... how we are sooooo alike - many of those are the same superstitions I have grown up believing (except for the black cat which was the superstition but I got over it because I have owned several black cats, VBG!

    If you accidentally put a piece of clothing on inside out, change your outfit, if you turn the clothing the right way and put it on, you've just changed your luck (but was it good luck or bad luck you changed? VBG).... if you give someone a brooch, you must have them give you a penny in return so you do not prick your friendship... if your nose is itchy on the outside, you are going to get into a fight with someone, if it is itchy on the inside, you will get a surprise (or is it the other way around, LOL!)... hmmm... blog posts should be short, I had better go.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...