Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Flora & Fauna

WOW, the last two days have been hot as heck here !
The temperatures have been about 35° C !!!
That is way to hot for me !!
Do I look like an egg that wants to be fried ??

After I got my shopping done early in the morning, I stripped myself of clothes and just flopped on the couch.
Once my body temperature was normal, I tried sewing but I have to tell you, handling fabric when you hands are sweating is no fun. I gave up the task. Instead I switched to every housewife favourite chore...laundry!
Yesterday it was a pleasure doing the laundry...it's in the basement and it was nice and cool there...ahhhh.

Today it is suppose to rain..yepee!!!
Normally I don't cheer for rain but when it is this hot I do!
This morning I ran out into the garden in my Pooh pyjamas to take some pictures before the rain destroyed my flowers.

I thought I would share some of my favourites with you.
I can't believe how fast some of them are growing.

I love these purple pompom things ...I am sad to admit I don't know the names of all the flowers...I am still a beginner.

Geraniums in my window box

Check out my Clematis...the flowers are HUGE!
I don't know what I did but it must of been something right!

Rose..I love roses!
When I look at these I think of the song"Yellow Rose of Texas"

This my favourite !
My sister bought me this bush when she was here last year, so I call it the "Eva" Rose.
I wish you could smell it ...it is prettier then any perfume I have smelt. I could sniff it all day.

I hope you enjoyed the bouquet of colours.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful flowers Liz, You did a great job on your garden. I don't have a "green thumb". I seem to kill everything in 2 months. We don't have 1 flower or tree in our yard, front or back. just grass. What a shame I just can't get anything to grow. Either I water it too much and drown it or not enough and in the Texas sun it kills them fast.
    My favorite is the yellow rose. I had them in my bridal bouquet. I can almost smeel them.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your beautiful flowers could stand the rain. It seems your are an Garden Angel;-)
    Hugs
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Day, Liz, I can hardly believe it is that HOT in Germany. Very strange, hey???? WOW, I love all your colors in your garden, With hot temps like you all are having no wonder your garden is blooming sooo lovely now. The Clematis is gorgeous, one of my favorite. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers Liz, the clematis is indeed HUGE! Hugs, WILMA

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Liz, Your garden seems to be in full bloom and looks gorgeous. Great job! I'm bad with flower names also and have no idea how the pompom thing is called. It looks lovely and that is more important than the name.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...