Monday, June 8, 2009

How creative!

I have to share with you a picture of creative packaging.

I was talking to my friend Julia (non -blogger...but I am working on her) about where I could find those rubber finger tip "thingies" (don't you like my technical words) that secretaries use.

I used them for machine quilting. I can't wear quilting gloves...my hands get to hot and I found these rubber tip thingies gave me grip and control over the quilt without adding bulk to my hands.
I had a package but they eventually disintegrated....nothing is forever!

Anyways we were talking and I was asking if she had ideas where I could find them ?? Then she mentioned that she uses these little rubber finger condoms ( thats what I call them) for hand appliqué or hand quilting and maybe they would work ? It helps her pull the needle better....gives her grip.
She said she would send me a few to try out ( no need buying a box of 100 if they don't work for me)

Her package arrived and I just have to share how cute & pretty everything was packaged.
She just got into "Altered Arts" ( I think thats what its called ??) and does a beautiful job!
Aren't this bags just adorable ? Great recycling idea!
I love the little bird...I have him hanging on my lamp by my computer...he watches over me. Isn't the post card cool?
The charm is just to pretty! I can't decide which side I like better?
I think I am going to get a long silver chain for it and wear it...it is a shame not to show it off.


I love this stuff but don't trust myself to make it...thats why it is good to have friends that do :-)
Thank you Julia !!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Liz, you alter art pieces are pretty neat. I especially love the Charms. Both size are great. Lovely gift. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! I'm glad you liked my little package :-). Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! These are lovely! ... and pink too, LOL! I love the little bird too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...