Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Quilt Done & Delivered!

Remember the baby quilt I was making for a friends friends sick little girl.
Well, I am happy to say it is finished and delivered.
If I do say so myself...it turned out quite cute and it was fun making something "Pink"...really girlie!

This is Emma who the quilt is for...isn't she the sweetest thing you ever saw?
You won't believe that she has a bad heart and is sick...poor thing.
Here is the finished quilt....the blocks were machine embroidered and I machine quilted it.
Don't you just love my fancy border ??
It was the first time I did that design and I was happy with how it turned out.
The blocks are just "stitched in the ditch". I didn't want to much quilting or stippling in the middle since I find it makes a quilt hard and I wanted it to stay soft and cuddly for Emma.
A girlie quilt needs a pretty label....

Since I had so much fun making this quilt I figured she needed a little pillow to hang on her door.
It says "shhhh...Emma is sleeping " in German.

Here's the quilt all packed up and ready for Delivery
( Eva, do you recognize the ribbon ?)
I hope this quilt brings Emma as much joy as it brought me making it !
Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. You did a marvelous job Liz, and I love the little door hanger too! The way you have packaged it up is beautiful, but I am sorry to say, not quite as beautiful as the little package at the top of the page that is Emma - positive thoughts sent out to Emma for good health and a long life... Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...