Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday

While I was without internet, I had a birthday (June 23).
No special birthday... You know the kind...just another, I am getting a year older birthday.
...since it wasn't a round number, I didn't really have to have a party and could just disappear and pretend I was not getting older...and that is exactly what I did!

My Honey took the day off and we went to the Palmengarten that I have been wanting to visit for a long time.
We had a lovely time ( no family stress) looking at all the beautiful flowers & trees. I even got a bunch of ideas for our garden.
Of course we had to stop in the lovely Cáfe there and have a Latte Macchiato and a piece of French patisserie ( no birthday, no matter what age goes uncelebrated without at least one piece of cake ...it is a Law ( my law! ..LOL)


Doesn't this look Yuuuuuuummy ??
It was !!

As much as I love cake ( boy do I love cake...you just have to look at my butt to know it!), there is one thing I love even more then cake ..... PRESENTS!!!
Who doesn't love presents???
We all love presents ....even if it isn't politically correct to admit it ...heck, on your birthday you don't have to be correct..you are suppose to be spoiled ! ( rotten if you can get away with it ;-)

My dear friend Julia made me these beautiful things (can you tell that I love pink??)

Do you recognize the fairy in the jar ?

Isn't the pendant beautiful!! Even the back is pretty.
I love it !!


My "chatty" friend Dörte send me these goodies.
I can't wait to stitch the Tilda designs..I love Tilda !
The little zippers are great for small totes.
I got this beautiful hand made post card from Ati.
The technique is called fabric paper. It is even lovelier in person.
You can check out how it is does on her Blog
I got these lovely flowers from my DFIL (with money of course)
And the book from my BIL & SIL. This was a big surprise since they never exchange gifts with us. I think they are up to something ! LOL

Last but not least...this beautiful Orchid from our cousin Iris.
I have it on our fireplace so I can look at it all the time.
Don't you just love the vase?
Aren't all those gifts just wonderful !!
It almost makes up for becoming a year older.

You are probably wondering what my Honey got me ...well ...you will have to check in tomorrow ...I gotta take a picture first...you just won't believe it ! It is Awesome !! LOL
Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Liz.... I completely forgot you mentioned some time ago when your birthday was... my bad! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and such lovely pressies too... I don't usually celebrate my birthday much either, which is not good, we should not consider that we have gotten another year older, but celebrating that we are alive and well to get to that year older.... Big birthday hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Liz and it looks like you were spoilt!! MMmmmm....I just love cakes too and could live on them...yummmmy!! I am glad you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...