Monday, July 27, 2009

Journey Progress

WOW I can't believe it has been a week since I last wrote !
Were does the time go ???

My Hubby has been home on vacation so you can imagine he has messed up my daily routine.
No drinking my morning coffee in front of the computer surfing away....no checking out all the wonderful blogs and links and getting lost in the wild world web!
I have to spend it with him !
Don't get me wrong...I love my Hubby but after 3 weeks he is starting to drive me crazy !!
I am sure I am driving him crazy too but he is driving me crazier!!

Actually he has been pretty good!
I wonder what he is up to ??

We had some rain days which was very good for me...I managed to cut the fabric, draw the stitchery & piece the blocks for my "Journey" quilt.
Now I only have to stitch the blocks.....a piece of cake ...LOL

Here is a picture of the finally layout...I am very pleased with it.
I am not sure what fabric I will use for the borders but I will worry about that when the time comes...something will inspire me ...I hope !
Here are a couple finished blocks....just to prove I am working on it.

My Hubby and I have also been building another cupboard for my sewing room ...I'm not going to show you it yet...it's not done....but here is a sneak preview.

What will this be???
I will give you a hint...think IKEA !!!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. your sampler quilt is coming along nicely .. Oh BTW you should buy stock in Ikea... lol
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz, I absolutely LOVE your folk art quilt with all that lovely stitching. LOVE IT!! You have done a fantastic job of creating it. Just my kind of quilt indeed. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Liz... long time no blog to, LOL! I have been busy... just read all your wonderful recent posts! Wow, your quilt is fantastic! I love it! I love the colours and the fabrics, and the way you have picked out the "roses" for center blocks.... just beautiful. I am also jealous you are getting another cupboard, VBG! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt will be gorgeous! I like your own layout much better than the original, even if it would become a wallhanging. Hugs, Julia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Liz,
    sorry that my answer lasted so long...
    Thanks for your comment to my Leannes House.
    Now I found your Journey, the one that I will do next, starting next month.
    Yours is so beautiful, I`m absolutely enthusiastic!!!
    Wonderful stitched and wonderful fabrics (Sure, similar to mine... ;-)
    I wish you a lot of fun finishing it...
    Hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...