Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sad Day

Today is a sad day for me ...I lost a dear friend!!!

My every so trusty 28 mm Fiskar rotary cutter bite the bullet!
How could she leave me right in the middle of cutting?
We have been friends for a looooong time.
She was my first and favorite rotary cutter!
We have cut many quilts together, broken a lot of blades and even trimmed a finger nail or two!

Ahhh, I am sooooo sad !
I have had this cutter for over 15 yrs, so I guess she had just enough.
She is now gone to rotary heaven!

I have another cutter...Olfa ...but she isn't the same.
My Fiskar was small and sat so nicely in my hand...closed at a press of a button...never let me down.
Ahhhh, I will miss her!

Now starts the hunt for a new Fiskar.
It seems like I live in the land of Olfa.
Does everyone have Olfa...I want my Fiskar!!

Good bye my friend!
Hugs,

P.S. What is your favorite tool ?? What could you not live without??

3 comments:

  1. I have A Dritz,Omnigrid,Fiskar, and Olfa rotary and my first was the Fiskar. I now use the OLFA the most because it is comfortable.
    I could not live without my cheap $5.00 lint roller. It removes threads and fabric bits as I piece my project and cleans up everything afterward including beads. Just rip off a sheet and you're good to go.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I know what you mean about having favorites... I have Fiskar, Dritz, and OLFA cutters. my favorite is OLFA. My favorite tool must be my O'LIPFA lip edge ruler. I broke my first one and had to run to the store to buy another.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    this is really one of those "don't you hate this" moment, that only thing sadder is having your hairdresser leave town!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...