Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to normal

My Hubby is back to work (vacation time is over) which means my life can get back to normal...washing, cooking, cleaning and surfing...doesn't that sound like fun !?
The surfing part does but the rest I could leave. Unfortunately I don't have any little elves that come in the middle of the night and do it for me...darn! If anyone knows where I can get such elves...please let me know !

Last post I gave you a sneak preview of a cupboard we were making for my sewing room.
Well it is done !!
I can't take credit for this idea ...I saw it on someones Blog but never saved the link (just the picture) so if anyone knows whose blog it was, let me know so I can give her credit.

You start with this....do it 9 more times ( or as high as you wish to go)add a little stain....and then you end up with this....

The boxes are from my favorite store...Ikea...they are the Fira series.
We added wheels to the bottom so I could roll the whole cupboard to my crafting table but you can also just make blocks of wood for the feet.
It wasn't hard to do but we sure did a lot of hammering building those boxes (54)...but is was worth it! Now I have a place to organized all those little things that fly around in the cupboards.

The possiblities are endless. You put together whichever boxes you need, stain, paint or decoupage them...and viola...a cupboard.
Here are some googled ideas.

Have fun making your own!
Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz... these are handy... I hope to create myself a workspace this year - after I sell my piano... something like this will come in handy... P.S. when you find out where you can get those elves - I'll take a dozen please, VBG! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz, What neat storage bin. WOW you can store heaps of wee things in all those drawers. Lucky You. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it recently on another blog but I also forgot the name. I like the idea very much and think about a place to store. At least after my son's summer break at school I will drive to Ikea. And I hope to find some time to visit you.
    Hugs Katja

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...