Thursday, August 13, 2009

Garden work has started

It has been a busy crazy few days!
The landscapers showed up a day early ( better then a day late) ... we didn't have all the garden furniture out of the way.....so after a bit of running around like a chicken with my head cut off, the guys could start.

It is amazing how fast they work...compared to my guys who are snails, everyone works faster!

They already got 2 sets of stairs in ( both are going down into the back of the garden, from two different sides. I will plant flowers on both sides of the steps and border it in with big stones.

The guys also filled up the back with more dirt and levelled it out.
I can tell you, I did a bit of sweating as the bugger moved around back there.
I won't even tell you how many times I made the sign of the cross as they came around the corner of the house ...wow that was tight!!

Today they laid the stones in front of the house....doesn't it look lovely??
On the right side...I will plant more flowers ....ones that like shade ( ferns, hostas and whatever else I find nice at the nursery)
Tomorrow they will start on the front...level it all out and with luck start on my walkway.
It will be sooo nice to have a real walkway where you don't drag all the dirt into the house.
Maybe then I will actually enjoy cleaning the house....nahhhhh...I will never enjoy cleaning the house...LOL

It will still be about 3 weeks before everything is done but at least it is finally started!
So far I am very happy with the results.
I never thought I would be so happy about "stones"!

I do have to admit that "supervising" the workers is tiring work...They do all the work and I am soooo pooped out that I could take a nap...maybe I can take a short one before I have to start dinner.
The couch is calling my name!!!
Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,
    your garden will be so lovely, especialiiy when you have finished planting... I amwith you 'bout the housework - really makes you ugly!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...