Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nikolaus Day!

I hope you remembered to polish your shoes and put them before the door in hopes that Nikolaus would fill them with goodies!

Today, all over Germany children rushed to check their shoes.
If they were good all year then Nikolaus filled their shoes with goodies...if they were bad then they got coal!
Guess what I got ...nothing !
I must of been really bad that he didn't even bother to leave me coal ! LOL

Since I knew Nikolaus would skip my house, I decide to help him and I ordered me some embroidery scissors.
I couldn't decide which one to get so I figured...what the heck...I have been good most of the year (stop laughing!) that I ordered both.
Could you have decided only on one ???

They arrived on Saturday...just in time for Nikolaus Day so I took it as a sign that Nikolaus wanted me to have them.
He is such a good Man! I wish he came more often!

Just in case you also "just got to have them" and want to help your Santa ....you can order them at Entrée Des Fournisseurs. I have no affiliation with this company ( they are in France)
I have looked long for these scissors and I was so happy to finally find them that I just thought I would share the info with you. Delivery was super fast...only 2 days!

Not only is today Nikolaus day it is also the 2nd Advent.......I have lite our candle and now I am going to go do some sewing....right after I grab me a little chocolate!


I wish you all a wonderful, relaxing 2nd Advent!

I wonder if the chocolate Santa will make it till tomorrow ???...he's already missing a head!
Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love to hear how other countries celebrate the Christmas season... I love love love your scissors, I just might have to take a peek myself, but I might have to wait until the New Year as I've "bought myself" too many presents already, VBG! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are really gorgeous scissors! I haven't seen them before. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice reading. What about the flowers on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Liz, they absolutely lovely looking antique type of scissors. Love them. Enjoy. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...