Thursday, April 29, 2010

Paris… here I come!!

and I don’t mean Paris Hilton!!

We are going to Paris,France…the city of Love and Romance and I have a big fat cold sore on my lip! DAM!!! I sure hope it goes away by Monday.

Yes you read right …we are leaving this Monday!! Talk about panic & excitement mixed in one. I have a million things to do over the weekend…wash, buy new clothes, pack, panic and I just found out the stores are closed on Saturday (Germany holiday) which means more panic and less shopping! What am I thinking …I don’t need to buy any new clothes…I am going to PARIS!!!!! I am sure they will have clothes there??

We are going to Paris !!!!!

I can’t believe it…I am finally going to see the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame, Arc de Trimphe, Champs-Elysèes and other places /things I can't even pronounce! I am so excited I could pee my pants!!

In February my Hubby & I celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary and last year I said that for our 13th I would like to go to Paris but no one goes to Paris in February… May would be nice. I kept waiting for my Hubby to tell me we are going to Paris…well yesterday he informed me he booked the hotel & train and we leave Monday. My Hubby likes to travel last minute so that I can't flip out or find too many fabric stores to check out. Well this really is last minute…I could kill him if we weren’t going to Paris!

louvre-museum-picture

I am so excited…I have never been to Paris. Our hotel is right by the Louvre which makes us central….shopping & sightseeing in every direction….what more could a girl dream of ?? ( A Platinum MasterCard) I hope my feet can hold out? If not we will get the Paris Metro Pass so that we can hop on and off the trains at our leisure. I have a feeling we will be doing a lot of hopping!

I should go make my lists…wash some laundry, get the suitcases down from the attic..…we are going to Paris!

Hugs,

P.S. If anyone knows of fabric shops , flea markets or others things i just must see…please let me know before Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. Liz.... how exciting! I am so happy for you... can't you squeeze in a few minutes to surf the net for stores??? I mean, who needs sleep when you're going to Paris! LOL! Glad to see you back, I was worried... Hugs my friend, till you return! Can't wait to hear all the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! My father-in-law just returned from Paris and did all the great things you have planned. He has always wanted to go there and he absolutely loved it! He didn't visit any flea markets or fabric shops while there (he sure would have had I been with him! LOL!!) but he did go to a really chic women's shop called NafNaf. He brought my sister-in-law and I each an absolutely fabulous scarf! He said he felt weird in there because of all the women's things...I'm sure you could find some great "clothes-like" stuff in there! LOL!

    Have a really wonderful time and don't freak out; everything will turn out just fine!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris,, WOW girl you have one terrific husband. Lucky you PARIS...-Timmi's bedroom is done in Effiel Towers. Even her lamps by her bed are a replica.. Awwwww Love PARIS second honeymoon. Have fun enjoy all the sights. You know I expect pictures when you return. Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to Paris - without me???? I can't believe that you do that to me. Sniff, sniff, sniff.
    I wish you and hubby a wonderful time! Enjoy the sightseeing, the food, the shopping and the lovely language! Of course you have to share some awesome pictures when you're back :-).
    Big hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Liz, Enjoy your lovely visit to Paris. I got to visit France but never made it to Paris. Lucky you. Your DH is a sweetie and I look forward to hearing all about your wonderful adventure when you get back. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Liz,
    Do you know this shop: http://lerouvray.com
    They have wonderful fabrics (nice Toile de Jouy) and are very friendly.
    Have a nice trip et Bon Voyage! WILMA

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...