Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my Birthday…yippee! (that is a sarcastic yippee!)

maxine_b-day

When I was a little girl I loved birthdays…the parties, cakes and all the presents you got.

When I was in my 20’s I loved birthdays…staying up all night partying with my friends till the sun rose….dancing the night away!

When I was in my 30’s I loved birthdays…staying up only half the night, since we all had real jobs and couldn’t party like we use to…enjoying the company of good friends.

When I was in my 40’s birthdays started to take a turn for the worse…no more staying up till the sun rose! No partying all night long (not unless I took a long nap in the afternoon) and I needed 3 days to recover.

All my friends told me “Life begins at 40!” …well they lied! Life begins to fall apart at 40!

In my 40’s my eyes started to go…I needed glasses. My teeth started to go …I needed crowns, bridges & root canals. My health started to go…I got Lyme disease, my back went out and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

Yup “Life really begins at 40! “ Who every said that shit was lying since they knew what was coming!

Maybe now you can understand why I am not enjoying having this birthday…I am 49! ( I can’t believe I actually wrote it!)

I remember my 20’s ( most of it), I really enjoyed my 30’s, survived my 40’s but 49 is scary…next year I will be 50!! I remember when 50 was old! 50 sits home knitting socks…I don’t knit! What am I going to do in my 50’s. I am scared of 50!

What do I have to look forward to in my 50’s ?? Gray hair, wrinkles, menopause, chin hairs, warts…come on tell me what other lovely surprises are in store for me??

Actually I don’t really want to know. I am having a panic attack as it is.

Somebody, please, pretty please…tell me 50’s are wonderful! They have to be better then my 40’s…they sucked!

Does life really begin at 50 or is it another lie?

MaxineBirthday

Now I know why I don’t want to celebrate this birthday…I am afraid of what is coming next…50!

Do I have a big party for 50??…do I go on an exotic trip for 50?? Or do I do something crazy like jump out of a plane at 50??

Look at all the pressure 49 brings since I know 50 is just a year away!

I think I am going to start counting backwards…next year I will be 48! I am going to keep doing this till I am in my 30’s when life was good and my body was “hot”.

Till then I am going to bury my panic attack in a piece of cake ( or two)….your welcome to join me!

Hugs,

P.S: I think I better take knitting lessons just in case!

P.S.S. All those who are over 50 and enjoy life…I am happy for you…this is my own little panic attack! I am 49 and allowed to have it!

Those under 50….I am sorry I let the secret out and now you know what you REALLY have to look forward to! HAHA!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday dear Liz, enjoy your life every day, it may be wonderful even in the 50', knitting is not so good as it causes pain in your shoulders :-))))) Big hugs Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Liz! This post really got me giggling...I'm 51, I hate the number, but that's what it is, just a number. I don't feel 51, I don't act 51, and in my mind, I'm still 25...so it's not THAT bad...if you can just get past that darn number! Have a great day Sweetie, and do something really silly and fun...maybe buy yourself a bunch of pretty balloons, or go outside and blow some bubbles...something you don't ordinarily do...just have fun!!! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Liz, Happy Birthday. I wish you a super wonderful day. And not to worry. Life only gets better after you hit that lovely 50 Mark. I know. VBG Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, nah, 50 is over rated, anyway it was for me. I have to agree with Paulette, it is just a number. For me, my birthday meltdown number was 30! I think you're probably pretty normal and we all have "that" year. Enjoy your feelings and don't let anyone take them away from you! Now, go drink some wine and celebrate, Elaine in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, dear Liz. Don't worry about your age. I know you always will be young in your mind!
    Hugs
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Liz... oh my... you got me thinking about my age too... and guess what... it's the same as yours.... waaaah... now you've got me crying too... misery loves company so send two pieces of cake my way too... and add some strawbery ice cream! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, I turned 50 last Sept and it has been the best year. I feel free and confident in knowing who I am and I learned a new word, NO, although I do use it nicely. The best is yet to come. My 40's were not great either. Hang in there and Happy Birthday.
    Smiles,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha Liz wishing you a happy belated birthday my last one I turned 50 yikkes where did the time go I remember us sitting in the alley not to long ago .... hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Brthday Liz, My meltdown was 40. I told my boss I wasnt calling in sick I just wasnt coming nito work...I wanted to stay in bed with the covers over my head... And that I did the next day I was fine. went to work and everyone asked where I was.. hahahahah they even had a cake for me DUH I said I wasnt coming in... hahahahaha
    Now I am 61 and Love it.. Do take knitting lesson as I just did.. I am taking cake decorating lessons now... Do whatever you want. You are like fine wine.. Gets better with age..
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz, I am almost a month too late to wish you a nice coming year, but never the less I wish you the best!
    Don't panic :) Life is also good in the fifties, even in the sixties !! NO monthly problems. Now you know who you are, and now you can say: "No, I don't do that" or "no, I don't like that", with a smile.
    I have two daughters and they were grown up that I became 50 and lived there own life. Freedom!! Only a husband and a cat to take care of.
    And now I am almost 68! and enjoy life every single day :))
    (in spite of a few little things which come with that age ;)
    Hug, Ati.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz, Later today I found this:-))
    QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    "There comes a time in your life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy."
    ~Karl Marx, Composer (1897-1985)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...