Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I’m still here!

I can't believe it has been 9 days since I last wrote…that tells you how long I have been sitting in the pool (that explains my wrinkly skin…at least some of it!).

Today is the first day the heat has let up a bit…enough for me to finally turn on my computer and have contact with the outside work.

I wanted to share some of the lovely gifts I got for my birthday…there has to be a positive side to getting older and receiving gifts is it!

My dear friend Liz B. (don't you love her name?? ) sent me these lovely ribbons, fabric and rubber stamp. From Liz BMy dear friend Dörte sent me these cute Angel wings & cookie cutters (not that I have earned the wings but I will pretend so) and some batik squares for my next project.  From DörteI found the perfect place to hang my wings!Wings

My talented creative friend Julia once again sent me the most wonderful gift.

From Julia2 Look at all the goodies she made….lovely tagsIMG_4105

……..cool buttonsIMG_4106    …pretty flowersIMG_4116  …sparkly crystalIMG_4113

…..the prettiest pink Tilda fabric I have seen.Tilda pinkl

…and a beautiful hand made card …did she spoil me or what!IMG_4114 

To top off all these goodies my dear Irish friend Siobhan  gave me a years Subscription to “Irish Quilting” …what could be better then sitting down with a coffee and taking a break every month? …Having a maid come in every month. (LOL)From Siobhan 

I love all my gifts….it almost made up for getting older…but next year I am turning the clock back a year ( or two!)

Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts Liz! Definitely worth celebrating a year of being older with friends like that! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what wonderful and delightful gifts. Aren't friends (next to family, of course) just the best? And happy belated birthday to you!

    I still haven't gotten around to getting myself a pool! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday. What a wonderful lot of goodies. Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...