Monday, September 6, 2010

I did work on something….

I don’t want  you to think all I did  lately was sitting around feeling sorry for myself and my knee. (OK, I did a lot of that ) but I did manage to get some stuff done.

I am happy to say that the top of my “Journey of a Quilter” is done!

Every one get up and do the Happy dance with me!snoopy_happy_dance This has hung on my design wall longer then I would like to admit. Now it is finally done…It just has to be basted & quilted ( the worst part for me ) Anyone want to do it for me ?? …..It was worth a try

Ooops, I almost forgot the picture…I have to have proof that I did it…the top is done!Journey - top doneActually I should call this quilt something like “ Journey of a Quilter House” since I took both of Leanne Beasley’s patterns “Journey of a Quilter” & “House” and combined them to make one quilt. I don’t know why designers always make square Wallhanging size quilts. I don’t want square wallhanging size quilts..I don’t have any walls to hang them on. I want quilts I can use….lap quilt size is great…prefect for me to cuddle under when I want to take a afternoon nap.

Just incase any designers are reading this ( ya, right ) please  design quilts we can use…not wallhangings, some of us have little homes! Thank you for listening!

Here are a few close up pictures of the quilt….I hope you like them as much as I liked making them.IMG_4438

 

Click on the pictures for a bigger view.

 

IMG_4440

 

 

 

 

IMG_4439

 

 

 

 

IMG_4441

 

 

 

oops, I see  have to trim some threads on this block.

 

 

 

In keeping with the color Pink…here are some flowers from my garden. It never ceases to amaze me what beauty Mother Nature produces.

climbing roses Anomene

 

 

 

 

 

pink

Pink Crysamthiums

 

 

 

 

 

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. love that quilt ! if your home is too small for it mine is big enough ;-) and I know where to quilt it too !!
    luv
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Liz, I love your quilt! That is a good point about the quilt shapes. I love it, thanks for sharing, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...