Friday, September 10, 2010

I just had to fix it!

Call me a perfectionist or a fool ( I think both shoes would fit!)

You know the "Journey of a Quilter Home" top posted the other day ...well, the top is still hanging on my design wall and everytime I looked at it, it bugged me...the borders didn't lay flat ! I don't know why ?? I measured them 10 times before I cut them...I sewed them with an exact 1/4 ( exact for me) I ironed them carefully ( I think this is where the problem came but I am not sure?) and they seem to hang wobbly.

As a perfectionist ( actually another word could be "not-finisher") I had to fix the wobbly borders. Yes, I opened all the seams...re-measured them, re-cut them, re-sewed them. Now it lays flat! Now I can sleep knowing my top is perfect ( almost...I discovered I forgot to embroider a section....I think this quilt never wants to get done...or maybe I don't want it done...then my Journey would be over and I have enjoyed it so much it can't come to an end.

Here is a close up of the wobbly border (before)...it would bug you too!
Here is it nice & flat (after)...

Doesn't the top look much better?

If anyone knows what the case for the wobbly borders was, I would love your insight...I don't want that happening again.

I am going to leave you with something perfect....look at this flower! Don't ask me the name ...I can't spell it.
I have had this plant for 3 years and it has never bloomed...till now!
I will take this as a good sign! Maybe I will actually finish something this year ?? (wishful thinking)
Have a nice weekend....I am dragging my Hubby to Ikea tommorrow...isn't he lucky!
Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Hello Liz, I never saw the wobble borders soooooooooooooooo to me it was perfect and I still think it is gorgeous. Your flower which took three years to bloom looks like some kind of lily. It is very pretty indeed. I have a sweet autumn clemaitis which is just now blooming and it also took 3 years. Some plants need that long to get established. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz, I was mistaken, your flower is a "Agapanthus". Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Liz,

    wuuunderschöön geworden, Dein Top!

    Liebe Grüße
    Gesche

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...