Friday, September 24, 2010

Perfection ….

is in the eye of the beholder!

IMG_4555 I have been wanting to make this tiny little pouch for some time now and I finally did it. I can't say I am happy with the results but the second one will be better.

How could such a tiny pouch (7” long x 2” wide) be so hard to sew. I even had to have my friend Katja come over to translate the pattern. ( I can read German but I had NO idea what the instructions were talking about and I am happy to say it wasn’t just me but Katja also thought it was written funny!)

The reason I am posting about this “imperfect” little pouch is to show you how photography can make things look WAY better then they really are. In the above photo the pouch doesn’t look that bad…right!

Now come some true close up pictures….

Check out the corners….corners

The other side is even worse…

other corner

No the zipper is not suppose to be crooked.IMG_4565

I hate patterns that have you finish the inside seams like this…ugly!

inside

I have no idea why this pouch turned out so bad ? I tried to sew nicely...I tried matching up the seams…I even used my zipper foot to put the zipper in. I know I haven’t sewn a zipper in years but I really didn’t think it would turn out this bad.

Is this not the worst pouch you have seen?? Yes it is!!

There is one person that thinks this is the prettiest pouch she has ever seen…my niece Laura.

She happened to come over after I finished taking the pictures and the pouch was on the kitchen table…she spotted it right away (after all it is pink & purple her favorite colors)

She asked me …Who is that for ?? …I looked into her big brown eyes and said…”For You”…you should of seen her jump for joy…she grabbed the pouch and threw herself at my legs and gave me the biggest hug you ever seen.

Then she looked up and said…Auntie Liz, this is the prettiest thing you have ever made me!…..

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder…no matter how ugly ( or imperfect) something is…there is someone out there that will think it is the prettiest thing in the world….even if it is a child.

We really need to be like children more often and see the beauty in things and not the perfection…..that being said…I am going to make the pouch again ( this time my way) because I need perfection!

Hugs,

P.S: this is perfection…..white chrysathines

1 comment:

  1. I think it's cute too!! You made her the perfect pouch for treasures or pencils........!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...