Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Finish….

I can’t believe it is Friday again…Wow this week just flew by.

But I am happy to report that I have been sewing up a storm like a Chinese tailor!

Finally I can show you the case I have been working one.

Here is the front…..

case ft

…here is the top….. are you getting excited yet ?? I am !!

case tp

DaDa…it is open….look at all the goodies inside.

case open

I got tired of always looking for my sewing machine feet so I finally made this case ( it has been on my “to do” list since I got my machine …I won’t even admit how long ago that was but trust me when I say …LONG ago!)

I made 4 separate pages that go inside the tote….

case pockets 1

even one is filled with just needles….

case pockets 2 #

…there are even inside pockets…a girl never has to many pockets!

case inside pockets

I had never made such a tote before .…I broke 4 needles, figured out how to sew a gusset; had to order zippers & a bias maker, learned to sew with a Teflon foot (it was easier then I thought)…all in all it was a success!

After that I had to make something little but I can only give you a sneak preview…it is a gift for a friend….

tea

Back to machine quilting my Journey quilt…

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Hugs,

Liz

7 comments:

  1. Hello Liz, I am back finally. Love your sewing machine organizer tote. It looks way to difficult for me to make. I absolutely LOVE your Journey of a Quilter. It is the most lovely quilt especially with all the stitching. Great Job. I am sure you will do a lovely job of quilting it too. I will come back and see what else you have been up too. Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Liz, this bag is super!! I very good idea organizing the tools in this way.
    Enjoy your quilting on the jouney quilt.
    Hugs
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liz girl, This is so cool and turned out fabulous!!! Now that you know how to make it, the second one should be easy-peasy and Christmas is not so far away ... LOL. What kind of plastic foil did you use and where did you get it?
    Your "Journey of a Quilter" quilt looks beautiful and it's great that you have started quilting it.
    Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!
    Big hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz... great job! Very handy indeed... my, you've got lots of feet, no wonder you needed a bag just for them! Thanks for visiting my blog, it was nice to hear from you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Liz! I am finally getting a chance to get around to visit your blog...things are calming down just a bit around here!

    Your bag is F~A~B~U~L~O~U~S!!! What a great job you did...and I love how functional it is. You should be very, very pleased with yourself! :o)

    Can't wait to see your quilt when it's finished!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Liz I am very impressed.. That is a great tote. You should be proud of yourself on this one. I don't think I could make that. great job.
    I am still having trouble leaving comments with Internet Explorer I have to view your blog with Google Chrome.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This make me speechless - WOW !!! Lovely, amazing, fantastic ... I'm green with envy, on my table sits a humble plastic box with most of that stuff in it. You should custom made those, I'm SURE you would find your customers!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...