Friday, October 28, 2011

Finish Friday…..

I am pleased to say that I have been busy quilting all week and I managed to get our “Couch Quilt” done ( the binding just needs to be hand sewn down but for all purposes and for today's post it is done! LOL)

I apologize in advance for the horrible pictures I took tons of them and they all looked awful…it is not easy photographing a large quilt, trying to stand on a chair with a bad knee when it is cloudy and ugly outside…this is the best I could do today ……Couch quilt front

I quilted a design in each red square but due to the lack of sun you can't see it so good …the red blocks were machine quilted using the Press n Seal ….

blocks

…in the cross sections I stitched this little design ( this was done with the embroidery machine …I’m good but not that good!

Corner blocks

Since you really can’t see the quilting so good from the front…here is a picture of the back so you can get an idea…

back

To prove that this quilt  is 95%  done…you can see I have the binding already attached….I know it looks weird since I am trying something different…I attached the binding to the back of the quilt and I will hand stitch it down on the from (normally you do it the other way around) but since the backing fabric is flannel ( nice & fluffy) …I didn’t think it would be so easy to hand stitch into the flannel without coming through to the front…….WOW …that was wordy!

back binding 

I will probably hand stitch down the binding over the weekend…but now I want to sew something smaller…..a purse / bag / tote…I’ll surprise you …heck … I’ll surprise me !

Have a nice weekend!

Keep out of trouble and make something!

Hugs,

Liz

2 comments:

  1. WOW it looks great.. .I know you are excited to have it ready for the cold months...
    hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely cool! I am impressed! Will you bring this with you to show it? ;))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...