Saturday, November 5, 2011

Finish Friday …….continued…

I have recovered from my migraine…actually I woke up with it again this morning but I sent my Hubby to the drug store for pills…and after taking them and sleeping for an hour, I woke up like new!  I hate migraines…they are like toothaches…I can live without them!

Now that my head isn’t pounding and I can look at the computer screen without a 1000 needles shooting through my brain…I can show you what I made this week…another purse! Surprise! LOL

I wanted a messenger like bag with a changeable front… I surfed the net for a pattern but couldn’t come up with exactly what I was looking for so I came up with this.

Messanger Bag fall 

The inside…with lots of pockets

Messanger Bag inside

The back ….more pockets

Messanger Bag back

The front with the flap up and more pockets….

Messanger Bag front

The sides….don’t you love the buttons! 

Messanger Bag side 2

Messanger Bag side 1 

When Fall is over and I get sick of mushrooms…I can switch the front flap to this one ….don’t you just love this lace looking linen?

Messanger Bag flower flap

The flaps are interchangeable…they attach with Velcro….in a second you have a new purse! Don’t you love it ! Now I have to make a flap for Christmas .

Messanger Bag with both flaps

This is just my first try and pro-type …but I was surprised how well it turned out. Next time I will try a few things different…like a zipper on the top…and maybe gusset sides.

There is one problem I have with the purse and I am not sure why…so could experienced purse sewers please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I made the strap adjustable…but I noticed that then I wear it, the strap scrunches up on the D Ring…why ??strap skrunched

I don’t like that…I want it to hang nice and flat when I wear it……

strap flat

Does anyone what I did wrong ??

Did I not use enough batting in the strap? (actually I only used interfacing)

Is the D ring to big ??( it is the same size as the slider)

What causes this ??

thumbnail.aspx

In the meantime I am going to try making a bag with a gusset…..wish me luck!

Hugs,

Liz

5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, I'm so glad that you're feeling better.

    The bag is totally awesome. Those interchangeble flaps are such a cool idea!!! The mushroom fabric is cute and the rose fabric is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll come up with a beautiful Christmas flap too.
    I've never used such rings but I would guess that the strip has just too much room to move. Can you maybe sew nearer to the ring by using the zipper foot? If not, a stronger interfacing in the part around the ring could probably help too.
    Have a great Sunday, my friend :-)!
    Big hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz you did it again love the purse I want one of these too hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, that bag is too cute! you should go into business with them - honestly. About your question ... I have a messenger bag (a bought one ...) and there happens the same thing. I guess it is because (I'll switch to German now ...) das Gewicht von der Tasche zieht nach unten, und der Riemen kann sich in der Öse bewegen (muß er ja können). Und da der Riemen, wenn er an der schmalen Seite sich zusammenrottet, etwas "länger" werden kann, tut er das auch. Ich habe überlegt, ob eventuell Ringe helfen könnten? da kann sich nichts zusammenschieben?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bag with the interchangable flaps. What a great idea. My goodness, you will be able to have a new flap for each outfit. I hate changing bags, I always leave something behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Those toadstools are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...