Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good news & Bad news....

which would you like first??

Lets get the bad news over with and start with that. Tomorrow I won't be posting my Finish Friday...instead I will be in the hospital having Arthroscopic surgery on my knee....oh what fun!

My knees are shot, last year I had one knee surgery ( didn't help much) and now they are talking about a artificial knee but first they want to go in again and see if there is anything else they can do before they replace my knee. The doctors keep saying I am to young for a new knee (I'm 50 but walk like an 80 year old) I tell them I need to walk!!....I am missing all these quilting shows !! ...getting old sucks!

So it looks like I will be away from my computer for a few days ( if my Hubby brings my iPad to the hospital and I can get it to work...I will try and post from there ... misery loves company!)

The good news is ...a sweet friend sent me this wonderful redwork pattern...now I will have something to do other then drive the nurses crazy in the hospital!


I hope to be back home in time to do Sundays Showcase post...so be sure to send your pictures of your sewing totes to me. If your totes aren't done...you still have next week!

One last thing-...tomorrow my friend Katja has a birthday !!! Please pop over and fill her blog with good wishes!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATJA!!!!! 
Wish I was celebrating with you !

Hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Liebe Liz,
    meine besten Wünsche sollen dich morgen begleiten und hoffentlich gibt es eine befriedigende Lösung, damit du bald wieder gut laufen kannst.
    Ich drücke dir die Daumen, dass alles gut und problemlos verläuft,
    mitfühlenden Grüße
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz,
    I will think of you tomorrow and send you good wishes. Don´t know the words in english ...Ich drück Dir die Daumen :o)
    Hugs,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alles Alles Gute Liz !!!!!! We will take you to Val d'argent and you can put your knees into going to all the exhibitions !!!!
    Take care !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Liz, You will be in our prayers .. Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be thinking of you Liz. Hope they can get you walking again soon. Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I just had that done last month...still healing. What an inconvenience but not painful. I'll be thinking of you.
    Hugs,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. warm wishes and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Liz,
    ... hoffentlich gibt es eine befriedigende Lösung,für dein Knie, damit du bald wieder besser laufen kannst....meine besten Wünsche mögen dich morgen ins Krankenhaus begleiten.

    Ich drücke dir fest die Daumen, dass alles gut verläuft,
    mitfühlende und liebe Grüße

    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish You all the best ! You´ll get a photo of my projects after Katjas Birthday ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liebe liz
    alles Gute für dich und deine bevorstehende Behandlung, hoffentlich hilft es diesmal länger.
    liebe Grüße von Silke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liebe Liz,
    Alles, Alles Liebe und Gute für dich und dass es diesmal gut klappt und du ganz, ganz bald wieder zu Hause bist.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh du Arme,
    da wünsche ich dir, dass deine Knie dich bald wieder
    ohne Schmerzen laufen lassen.
    Ich drücke dir die Daumen, viel Glück und gute Ärzte!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  13. O Liz, I am so sorry that you have to go to the hospital. My sister-in-law is in her 50's too & they tell her the very same thing - to young!

    I hope they find something to help ease your pain so you can enjoy those quilting shows again. Getting older is a challenge . You can go to bed alright & wake up & be in screaming pain. I think it is what I call ,"Surprise Attacks"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liebe Liz ganz schnelle und gute Besserung - schon im Hinblick auf Bad Kissingen!!! Dann wollen wir um unsere Stoffe tanzen *LOL*. Da musst Du fit sein!
    Herzlichst Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best of luck with your operation, I hope things go well for you and you are back running around in no time. You have so many beautiful things on your Blog, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liebe Liz,
    ich sende dir ganz liebe Grüße und wünsche dir, dass du sehr schnell wieder ohne Schmerzen laufen kannst.
    Hugs
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish you all the very best and that you are soon up and going.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...