Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A little ivory, a few red dots & lots of pockets..…

and what do you have??

My finished tote!

tote 

This was the biggest project I have taken on till date. I had an idea in my head and when I started drawing the pattern out on pattern ( my own design) it looked so small…when I finished sewing it …it was Big ! I could probably use it as a weekend tote! Or for a lot of sewing projects!

I made the tote with lots of pockets…the the front has two deep pockets, as does the back…

BTW ..”The Bible Making Book” is one of the best books I have ever own! A must have for bag makers.

tote back

The sides also have pockets …and cute bows!

tote side

The inside is loaded with more pockets. The one side has a zip pocket and pleat pockets that I put a few Kam snaps on to keep closed for little things.

tote inside pocket

The other side are gathered pockets…

tote inside gather pockets

This is what the inside looks like when the side ties are open…lots of room!

tote totally oppen

When the sides are tied…still a lot of room.

tote open w ties 

All & all I am happy with my finished tote…I learned a lot. 

-Making patterns is not easy!

-Cheap needles are just that…cheap ! and not good for thick side seams…stick with Schmetz Jean #14 needles

- I inserted my first magnet snap…way easier then I thought.

- Inside zip pockets only look hard but are easy and practical.

- Things doesn't always turn out like you planned ….sometimes better, sometimes worse…but the journey is rewarding!

My tote is ready…now I just need a class to go to !

tote 2 

How are your totes coming along ???

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

19 comments:

  1. Wow, Liz, your tote is gorgeous, very beautiful and with all the pockets really practial. You can be very proud of your work.
    Hugs and a wonderful Valantine-Day
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,

    your bag is very beautiful and wonderful colours.The pockets are really practial.
    Hugs and a wonderful Valantine-Day,too.

    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY MY Liz that is beautiful... You are an artist. Designing your own bag.. Adorable. May you can talk Ingo to a weekend trip somewhere :)

    Happy Valentine's Day Love
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, absolutely lovely! And the dotsfabric adds such a great touch. Must be also very satisfying creating something yourself and having such a lovely endproduct. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Liz! I love that you made it big enough for a weekend tote. Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. -super schöne Tasche und ein echte Unikat, finde ich toll!
    Ich wünsche dir viel Freude damit und einen schönen Valentinstag ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz, Your bag turned out absoulutely fabulous!!! You did such a great job designing and sewing it and I admire your perfectly done zip pocket. GORGEOUS!!!
    ♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely !! Wonderful !! Oh my ... you are really a "master-of-bags", impressive !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous.Your baag is absolutely AWESOME.I want one of this,looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...eine wunderschöne Tasche, die Auswahl der Stoffe und Farben, einfach umwerfend, ich bin ganz verliebt in dein Werk

    wünsche dir einen schönen Valentinstag
    liebe Grüße
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liebe Liz, das ist eine wunderschöne Tasche geworden, ich wünsche Dir ganz viel Freude damit.
    Herzlichst Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liebe Liz,
    da fällt mir nur ein Wort ein: Wahnsinn. Deine Tasche ist sooooo schön!!!!!!
    Meine ist gerade im Entstehen , ich hoffe ich schaffe es bis zum Wochenende.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boah,da fällt mir nichts mehr ein.Wahnsinn,Wunderschön!!!
      Liebe Grüße Gitta

      Delete
  13. Fabulous design and beautifully made! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liebe Liz,
    die Tasche ist sooo schön geworden. Die Farbzusammenstellung und die Details sind gerade so, wie ich sie liebe;-)
    Viel Spaß mit der Tasche!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your bag Liz. It's a great size and it has plenty of detail - very stylish.
    What I love most of all are the fabrics you used. Can you tell me what the fabric line is that you used on the lining? The one with the little cotton reels and sewing machines
    I have the Bag Making Bible and love it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liebe Liz
    deine Tasche ist super, ich gratuliere dir zum eigenen Design.Da ich dich kenne und deine tollen Arbeiten bewundere, hätte ich ehrlich gesagt auch keine "einfache Kopie" einer anderen Designerin von dir erwartet.
    Du bist eine wahre Künstlerin
    lieben Gruß von Silke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bag is so pretty. I love all the pockets. I am a bit of a pocket girl myself. I also like the way you have combined the fabrics for the different parts of the bag. You have also included my favourite things - bows, rick rack and big buttons. I wish I had your talent for putting it all together so artistically. I may have to borrow some of your ideas for my next tote.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Red spot line purse look so beautiful.There are so many pocket in the purse.This purse designs are so beautiful.

    leaflet holders

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...