Friday, March 2, 2012

Sewing Room SewAlong …Thread Catcher

Its that time again…March is here and so is our next project.

I know some of you are thinking…I don’t need one…I have one but wait till you see some of the cute idea….you’ll want to make a new one…or make a couple as gifts!

Mellebug has a Thread catcher that sits under your machine. Click here for pdf .

DSCF2693

Elizabeth Hartman designed this cute Pincushion / Thread catcher for Sew Mama Sew this . Click for pdf.

 EFF323091 

How about this weighed Thread catcher by Kquilts StudioClick for pdf.

kqs tidy tote.JPG

Or this one by Merrimentdesigns 

Thread Catcher

 

A thread catcher doesn’t have to hang from your sewing table…it can also be a simple basket that catchers your threads…

….like this one by Sue Daley

thread cather basket.

or this one by Val Laird  … click here

Thread catcher box

 

…it can also be a cute Fabric Basket by Pink Penguin

7899

or these adorable baskets by Sewn4Home

0840-Fabric_Basket-1

Or this lined basket by Brother

Brother International - Home Sewing Machine and Embroidery Machine

 

Why not a round thread catcher by A Spoonfull of sugar 

Basket

 

Are all those to big for you….what about these tiny ones….they are so sweet you will want to make one for each room… by The Stitching Room

Stitching room

This adorable triangle thread catcher by Needling Things  is perfect to toss in your sewing basket and take with you wherever you go…triangle TC

…it folds flat when not in use.

P1040020

 

That’s it…I hope there is something here that catches your attention ( no pun intended).

Don’t forget…even if you don't need one…these make great gifts…especially the last three are super fast it make.

I'm looking forward to your finished pieces!

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

11 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    hope you´re feeling better today!?! Thank you for the great links. I still don´t have a threat catcher, it was allways on my To-Do-List. Guess I will start tomorrow, it is weekend :o). Your examples are too cute :o)
    Hugs,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Ms Teatcher, but I didn't finish my February homework in time. But I will work on it and show it to you later (next week). Hugs Katja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My I want one of each.. lol I will be busy this month. Since I am changing the color scheme of my sewing room I have to make something for each machine. 3 total.
    I better get busy.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great links, never even thought of making a thread catcher...I use a coffee can. Not so pretty. I will be making one of these soon.
    Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Liz,
    thank you for all the beautiful links...but I will make my one. I have an idea and...but you will see my thread catcher soon. I´m very happy with your "sewing room sew along"-idea.
    Hugs
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz,
    vielen Dank für die schönen Links, ich habe schon etwas (kleines) genäht, Foto kommt morgen ☺
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  7. O how lovely they are! I hope you are starting to mend so you can enjoy the fun.
    Thank you for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
    www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have finished a thread catcher and it wasso much fun....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!
    Also see my page: personalized stickers

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's definately a lot to learn about this subject. I love all the points you have made.
    Also see my webpage > http://pixocool.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message ...It makes my heart sing !

I have turned off the ability for anonymous users to comment on my blog due to spam. Registering for a google account is free and allows you to comment on any blog you wish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...