Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thank you…..

I want to thank everyone for their get well wishes and all the “crossed fingers” and “pressed thumbs” (that’s what we say in Germany). I wish I could tell you the surgery was a success…but I don't really know much until later today when I have my Doctors appointment.

crossed-fingers      glueckwunsch37

All I know is that they fixed (removed?) meniscus and did some smoothing. ( whatever that means??) and when I woke I had a drainage tube in my knee and it hurt like hell! Last surgery I had a block set on my leg so I felt no pain…this time no blockage and I can tell you I was ring the bell for the nurse really fast. Of course the pain interfusion made me sick…the pain drops made me dizzy and nauseous…it was a wonderful hospital stay.

Needless to say the next days at home weren’t much better…for some reason my body didn’t handle the anesthetic so well this time….guess it’s a sign of getting old…my body needs longer to bounce back !

I can tell you laying around with your leg up is BOREING!!

A girl can only watch so much mindless TV, stitch or read…I need to sew on my machine!

Hopefully my leg will be better in a few days and life can get back to normal ( whatever that is)

I'm off to the doctors…I’ll post the next Sewing room SewAlong Project later today. …don’t forget to send ne your finished pictures!!

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

4 comments:

  1. Liz, I am glad at least that part is over. And you will be on the road to recovery. Hope the Dr gives you a good report and you won't need any more surgery right now.
    Wish I was lived across the street I would bring coffee, tea or whatever your hearts desires.I understand you need that sewing machine but maybe just holding some fabric would help.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I keep my fingers crossed than, get better very very fast !!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hoffentlich geht es dir bald besser....drücke dir ganz fest die daumen.
      Liebe grüße gitta

      Delete
  3. Yes, I hope things hurry up & heal quickly so you can go back to the things you love.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...