Tuesday, March 13, 2012

To darn cute…..

I think these thread catchers are to darn cute!!!

Today I decided housework can wait till I sew my thread catchers. I wanted the little round one for by my sewing machine. ( in pink of course)

round catcher

It really is little!! …I am thinking of making a bigger one for my cutting table to hold miscellaneous tools.

Here I am holding it in my hand so you can see the size.

round in hand

To darn cute!!!

( A little info for my German friends…I used “Bodentucher vom Lidl “ as the batting and it worked great!)

Since I was done so fast making this thread catcher ( under and hour) and I didn’t want to do house work yet…I decided to make the little triangle one to put in my sewing tote.

TRIANGLE CATCHER

….this one is also to cute!!

…and tiny…here I am holding it ….

Triangle in hand

(I ironed S320 to the outer fabric otherwise I would of found it to soft. The S320 vlies makes it stand up nicely. )

I want to make one more for the living room…I just can’t decide which one … both are so cute …but I would definitely make it a bit bigger…but which one ?

How's your thread Catcher coming along ??

I can tell you both of these were super fast & easy to make…great little gifts…fill them with chocolates for a quilter!

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

11 comments:

  1. Love this idea especially the round thread catcher which is way too cute. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    yes yes yes, they are both darn cute. Love the little round one with the rosalie-fabric :o) ..... and, I like the "Lidl-Bodentücher" too for batting in little purses and stuff. Nice work .... looking forward to see the bigger one :o)
    Hugs,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Liz,
    very nice your little threat-catchers. It is much more fun sewing than doing house-work, isn´t it ;-)))))
    Have a good week and keep in touch.
    Hugs
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Liz,

    das Körbchen finde ich so toll, dass ich es spontan nachgenäht habe, danke für den Link

    LG Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz,
    die sind beide wirklich total süß, gute entscheidung lieber noch ein Körbchchen zu nähen, als staubzuwischen ect. *lol*
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea about the chocolates!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your thread catchers! Thanks so much for linking:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd rather sew any day than do housework! I love the catchers, saves an lot of mess.

    Thank yuo for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute is right. I love them both.
    I need to have a go at the round one.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...