Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Brother….& game

Queenie told me she wanted a baby brother. Being the good mother I am …I couldn't refuse her wish. Before you all get excited and start sending me good wishes…you should know Queenie is my Sewing Machine ( Husqvarna D1) …and this is the baby Brother I gave her !

Baby Brother

I have been wanting a small, lightweight sewing machine for workshops & weekends away with the girls for a while now ( since Queenie weights a ton) but couldn’t decide which one to get….finally I decided on baby Brother. It weights only 4.5 Kg !! and has tons of stitches & features. This weekend I am going to the Quilt-Stern meeting in Bad Kissingen ( maybe I‘ll see some of you there ??) and then I can report how it sewed ( till now I am pleased!)

Since Baby Brother didn’t come with a carrying case I had to make one…that’s the flap I showed you last time

Machien tote

On the back I made a large pocket to hold the pedal, cable & notions.

Bag back

Since I had so much fun free-form quilting the flap…I couldn’t stop there…I made a little mat  for the machine.

mat 1

Back side looks cool too! I think I like it even better!

Mat 2

And of course I had to make a thread catcher & a tiny pincushion (took Quiltbiene idea) Here he is all dressed up.

Baby dressed up

Doesn’t it look cute ?!

Now comes the Game part… Baby Brother needs a name !

Send me your suggestions…and the one I pick will win a little prize !!

I will pick the name on Monday when I get back from my Sewing weekend.

Lets hear your suggestions!

Hugs,8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

15 comments:

  1. good, the post included a picture this time and I did not have to wonder about babies this time around ;-) !!!

    Queenie ? how about Kingsley for the little brother ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Lizzie, was für ein entzückendes Baby!!! Ich wünsche Dir ganz viel Freude damit. Und ich vermute, die erste Reise macht die Kleine nach Bad Kissingen ;-)).
    Viel Freude dort...(ich kann leider nicht kommen)
    Ganz liebe Grüße von Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich auch nicht, Sabine ! schade, was !

      Delete
  3. I think it´s time for a scandinavian name : "lilleprinsen" which means little prince :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Liz,
    die Maschine sieht echt süß aus únd wenn sie auch noch schnell nähen kann, würde ich sie Speedy taufen. Das Outfit für die Reise ist Dir echt gut gelungen und Du hast an alles gedacht - echt super.
    Liebe Grüße
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Liz,
    da gratulier ich dir herzlich zum Nachwuchs und wünsche dir viel Freude mit deinem BABY, und so finde ich auch, dass du sie nenne sollst;"BABY" weil sie so niedlich ist ☺
    Ich finde es auch ganz toll wie dur ich eine schöne Tasche und Matte genäht hast, man sieht, bei dir und deine Queen wird sie es gut haben!
    Ich wünsche dir ganz viel Spaß beim Großen Sternentreffen, ich wäre so gerne dabei!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. This beautiful spanish name,LOLA!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little brother, I think he should be called Brody which means Brother in Irish. Great idea with the carry case and all the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz,
    oh what a lovely story! :O)
    The Carry Case you mad for your Baby Brother is beautifulAlso the mat looks great!
    Wishing you lots of fun in Bad Kissingen!
    Have a lovely day!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lucky you Liz! Love the carry case and accessories you made for the new machine.
    I'm not very good at name games........How about calling it Little B

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new baby, I have one like it. Your accessories are scrumtious.Things you come up wih. My baby does not have that. How about Bebe for the machine( comes from BB- Baby brother). Have a lot of fun this weekend sewing. And talking, and eating bonbons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bag and his name should be Lance

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice collection of names (I can only read the english). It seems a few folks thought along he same lines that i did (Kingsley, Prince) so I will have to think further...
    What about Bro? It's American, short for brother.
    or something totally different... Brian. No reason, just 'cause.
    Or Porter because he is portable.

    Have a great weekend of sewing and girl time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...