Friday, May 25, 2012

Finish Friday……

my Hubby is home for the last 2 days ( Monday is a holiday so he made himself a looooong weekend)…and I still managed to get some sewing done ….he’s outside firing up the grill so I stuck up to the computer to do todays post.

My sewing machine cover is done…..da da !!!

SM cover(my Hubby doesn’t like the yoyo flowers but I didn’t know what else I could stick there ??)

Close up of the embroidery ….

SMC close up

SMC close up 2(the embroidery designs are by Embroidery Library. The words are here and the  dress form is here )

My sewing machine cover is not the usual kind of cover because I have a large quilting table ( extension table) attached to it that is always there and I also have my thread rack attached to my machine, so a normal kind of cover won’t of work. The whole purpose of a cover is to keep the dust off…the shape doesn’t matter…Mission Complete !

machine(I also made a new mat for under the machine to match the cover…this helps prevent vibrations & silences the noise a bit when it embroiders)

First I considered attaching ribbons or loops to the side so I could try & close it up but then I decided against it….since when its not in use…I can drape it over the back of my chair and have a decorated chair !

SMC on chair

Don’t laugh but the cover is made from an old pillow case I got from Oma. I was saving it for my future White on white quilt but I figured since I had 2 pillowcases so I could use one now…don't you just love the old designs…

SMC sheet

That’s my cover…hope oyu liked it?

I can smell the food oon the grill form here…gotta go…my stomach is growling !

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

P.S. Don’t forget to send me your pictures of your covers for Sundays post:

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Liz, wie schön.
    Deine Stickereien sind großartig. Den Rosenstoff habe ich auch noch. Den mag ich so sehr, das ich ihn nicht vernähe.
    Ich werde vorerst kein Cover nähen, ich habe noch soviel vorher zu tun, aber irgendwann bestimmt.

    Ein schönes Pfingstwochenende mit Sonnenschein.

    liebe Grüße
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Liz,
    ich finde deine Nähmaschinenabdeckung super schön, toll gemacht und die Blumen mag ich auch ☺
    Schönes langes Wochenende!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Liz,
    the sewing mchine cover ist georgeous!
    Have a lovely long and sunny weekend!
    hugs,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Liz - I Love the yo-yo flowers ! They are my favorite part. I absolutely Love yo-yos and everybody I know hates them . That's life isn't it-Different strokes for different folks!

    Hope you have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...