Friday, June 29, 2012

Finish Friday……

I can’t believe but I managed to get June’s project done just in the nick of time !

Remember this block I stitched in March ???redwork

I turned it into the cover of my thread case….

Thread case 1

Here is my Thread case opened …..it is 10” X 48” ( 25cm x 122cm) ……a total of 8 pockets

Thread case 2

…here it is filled with threads ! Like a box of Crayola crayons!

Thread case 6

These are my favorite threads for hand applique….Mettler 60/2 or YLI silk threads. Do you notice the Ultrasuede strip along the bottom of the zipper…the threads are pulled through it …this way you don't have to take the spool out of the pocket every time you need a color…cool  uh!!

pocket 1

old silk threads….

pocket 2

Sorry for the glare but that’s comes from the plastic pocket.

pocket3

pocket 4

That’s my thread case filled with all my favorite colors…when not in use it folds up nicely….closing…..

Thread case 7

closing……

Thread case 8

almost done…. I think I will add a small needle case to the top flap …but I’m saving that for Augusts SAL…

Thread case 9

….Da Da !! My Thread Case is done! I think the redwork block is perfect for the case ! “Langes Fädchen…faules Mädchen”

Thread case 3

Here's a close up of my closure….

Thread case 4

I hope you liked my thread case…I love it!! I am pleased with how it turned out. I have been wanting a case like this for years…don’t know why I never made one before…it wasn’t that hard after all!

How's your Thread case coming along ??

You still have till Sunday to send me in your pictures…Come on …you can do it…off to your machines!

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

14 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's beautiful. You did a wonderful job and what a selection f threads. I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens!!!!! Liz!!!!! It's just beautiful!!! Wow - so many pockets - but you need them with all your threads for your creative hand stitching! GREAT JOB!! And I just live the scissor button closure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz you totally out did yourself on this thread case... WOW...beautiful.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. **LOVE the scissor button closure!!

    Also - Liz - what does that German saying say in English? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, Liz and so practical too! The sweet dotted fabric was the perfect choice to go with your lovely redwork.
    I'll try to catch up with a few of the projects that I have missed.
    Happy weekend :-)!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das ist super schön und praktisch.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Liz,

    es ist sehr schön geworden...und vor allem so praktisch. Alles ist gleich dabei!

    Liebe Grüße Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great projekt ! I think I need one too :-)
    hugs
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Liz,
    how wunderful!!!! You did a really great job!!!!
    Hugs
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Liz,
    deine Nähgarntasche ist absolut genial und super schön, und total praktisch. Deine Auswahl an Nähgarn ist grandios, super!!!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolut SPITZE, deine Sammlung ! Und die Stickerei"langes Fädchen-faules Mädchen" ist weltberühmt ;-)
    lieben Gruß von Silke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Liz,
    this is absolut wonderful!

    I love your embroidery on it!

    Have a happy new week!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a genius - this is soooo clever! And of course, I had to realize how many different shades of thread you use for your applique - WOW ;-)) Wonderful piece, and do you know what I love most? That famous German saying ;-)) My granny used to say that ... a lot ... to me, of course !

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's totally gorgeous and I love the stitchery, it goes so well with the polka dots. It has lots of wonderful details too which I also love. It'll be a pleasure to use.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...