Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to me…..

on Saturday I had a birthday.

Yup, I’m a year older but not a year wiser !…I am at the age where birthdays are not a big thing anymore since I don’t like the part about getting older…but I do like the part about getting gifts ( who doesn’t???)

I am happy to say my Hubby out did himself again…

I woke up Saturday…had my coffee in bed and said to my Hubby…”you can give me my gift now” ! LOL He looked at me and said that my 2 gifts are outside….

…the only things that were outside were the 2 Garbage Bin Containers we bought the day before, that needed to be built!

boxes

I looked at him and said…that’s NOT my birthday gift!! He said that I had told him that I didn’t want anything for my birthday this year ( I was content)  so he figured he would respect my wishes and not get me anything….I could of killed him!!

Just for the record…when I a woman says she doesn't want anything …she is LIEING!!!   

She wants!!

The whole time I was sure he would of got me a Kobo ebook reader …I had hinted about it enough!…MEN !!

We when out for a nice breakfast…after breakfast I had said maybe we could stop at the Media Markt so I could show him the different eBook readers….I gave up hinting now…I was telling him!!!  He said maybe later in the day…he had to lay down, he wasn’t feeling good…besides my 2 gifts were at home. ..I was really ready to kill him…he didn’t think I was going to except Garbage Bin Boxes as my birthday gift…even if I did want them…..grrrrrr.

At this point I am pissed off in the car…we get home and I am fuming …I open the house door and there on the bank in the hall is my Kobo eBook reader….I could of killed him!

Kobo box

I turned around and he was grinning like a Cheshire cat !…Grrrrr !! He tricked me good !

I am happy to say I didn’t kill my Hubby but if he does that again he will not live to see another one of my birthdays !

I uploaded a few of my favorite books…now I am ready for a rainy day of reading!Kobo

Thank goodness I have some friends that don’t play such dirty tricks on me !

My sister sent me these lovely charms ….

charms from eva

My girlfriend Liz from England sent me this sweet notebook , laces & buttons….

from Liz b

My Fan Club …Amy & Susan from Texas once again sent me a box full of goodies…

from Amy & Susan

…bag patterns …even one for an eBook reader or iPad…gotta make that one !

patterns

Look at all the Pink supplies….but there is something wrong with the picture…those Clover binding clips are RED !! Good thing I like red ! LOL

red

….the funny Angry Bird stickers are from Amy since we’re both Angry bird junkies ! Anyone else an Angry Bird junkie ??? I hate those Pigs !!

angry birds sticker

I also want to thank everyone that sent birthday cards & greetings….Thank you !  Can I start counting backwards now ??

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

P.S. Here are the Garbage bin containers put together…I am happy to say my Hubby doesn’t have to sleep on them !

Boxes built

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz, I'm so sorry, wasn't much at the computer over the weekend and I missed to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! SOOO sorry !!! I had to laugh at Ingo's way of presenting his gift :-) I just can see the grin on his face !!!
    pls bring your new reader to Aidlingen, want to see it as well !! BIG HUG and sorrrrrry !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great birthday. Sorry the binder clips only come in red...lol
    My mother started giving away her birthdays to all the grandchildren and great grandchildren.. They of course love it and she has a good laugh. She is 90( shhh don't tell anyone she says she is 39.
    Hugs
    PS whats the differents between the Ipad and a reader. I am not a up on all these gagets
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, liebe Liz, leider zu spät.
    Eine wunderschöne Geschichte."Szenen einer Ehe"....;-))
    Ich habe ganz langsam alles durchgelesen und auch alles verstanden, einfach niedlich, ich hatte Kino im Kopf.

    liebe Grüße
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Liz,
    ich wünsche herzlichst alles Liebe und Gute nachträglich zum Geburtstag und auch fürs neue Lebensjahr!

    Liebe Grüße Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Liz!

    Belated happy Birthdaywishes! All the best for you!

    Wonderful presents you got!

    Love and hugs,
    Claudia :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Birthday Liz. Hubby really wound you up. LOLLLL I'm sure you had a wonderful time looking through all those gifts. Next year save yourself alot of grief and just hand him a list of the things you want. LOLLL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Liz :-) I laughed out loud when reading your post.
    One of the first things my husband told our son after he had presented his girlfriend was "do never trust in her when she says that she don´t want a gift"
    hugs
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liebe Liz,
    auch ich möchte ganz herzlich zum Geburtstag gratulieren, verspätet zwar, aber von Herzen. Tolle Geschenke und ein herrliches Posting *lol* ich habe herzlich geschmunzelt.
    Liebe Grüsse
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  10. Herzlichen Glückwunsch Nachträglich!!!!!
    Tolles Posting(lach mich schlapp)
    Auf ein neues schönes Bloggerjahr!!!
    Liebe Grüße Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liebe Liz,

    wenn auch spät, aber dennoch von Herzen ;-))ganz liebe Geburtstagsgrüße

    lg Doris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...