Friday, June 1, 2012

Sewingroom SewAlong….Thread case….

June is here …and so is the next project.

Originally when I was thinking of a Thread case I was visualizing something like this to hold all my applique threads ….

10 x 30 organizer neatly folds to a compact 8 x 10                             (Thread dispenser by Annie)

or like this ……

11 x 26( sold by Pat Campbell )

this one looks like it would be easy to make….9 x 11 x 2(by Lazy Girl designs)

unfortunately I couldn’t find any free patterns or tutorials on how to make this kind of case. But I am sure if we put our thinking caps on, we could come put with one ourselves ? ummm might have to give it a try.

I did find this one….. don’t have a picture…click on the link http://usaapp.husqvarnaviking.com/dealers/dealerclub/FileUploads/Monthly%20Projects/Nov%2007/Sewing%20Tote.pdf

Since I couldn't find what I was looking for…I have these alternatives ….These don’t hold all my spools of thread but they are adorable…..

Thread case

By UK Lass in US

or this one….

Thread roll

by Annie

Or how about this kind…I remember making these when I first started sewing ( they are still loved as gifts)

367761858_092fd4d5ff_o

( Tutorial by Monkeyroom )

This is a cute Box to hold your threads in…tutorial is in French but the pictures are good…

La petite boîte rouge

( click  for pdf tutorial )

Or you can make a wooden thread holder ??

How-to-make-a-wooden-spool-thread-holder( by Instructables.com )

I like these ones…

Thread Holder from my FIL

I am being very flexible when it comes to a thread case / holder…I’ll let you interpret as you wish…almost anything goes…except for a shoebox.!!

Looking forward what you come up with ?

Hugs,8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

P.S. Sunday I will be doing the Showcase Sunday with all of the Sewing Machine Covers…be sure to send me your pictures

3 comments:

  1. Lots of great ideas here, too many to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What´s wrong with a shoebox ?
    I´ve found the cutest one ever and I´m sure that You would love it *LOL*

    Ok, I´ll find some fabric...
    happy quilting
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo,
    ich habe einen garnrollenhalter aus Holz, eine Anleitung gibt es hier
    http://gabi-koeln.blogspot.de/2012/05/mein-nahplatz.html
    aus Köln viele Grüße
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...