Saturday, July 14, 2012

Where Bloggers Create …..

today is the day where all kinds of bloggers will be posting pictures of their sewing rooms, corners or studios  !

Karen is hosting  “Where Bloggers Create 2012 “ …pop over to her beautiful blog to find the list of everyone that is participating.

I am sure some of you wondering where I create?? My sewing room is not fancy but I love it and feel really comfortable in it…that’s the important thing !

Grab a coffee and follow me …...

When you enter my room this is what you first see… my sewing area

SR1

To the left are cupboards….

SR2

filled with fabrics …..

SR3

My cutting table  … from our favorite Swedish shop…Ikea !

SR20

SR4

Sewing machines…Featherweight, Brother for classes , Serger & Coverlock ….

SR21

my Books…or as I like to call it …my Library ….

SR5

To the right is my computer area…this is where I write my posts, do my online shopping and find more ideas !

SR6

more cupboards…a girl never has enough hiding space…I mean …storage space !

Sr7

(normally my Ironing board is in this space but my Hubby told me to take it away for the photos…being the good wife I am …I did as he said but here is a picture of how it looks normally  ( So good of a wife am I not!)

SR19Maybe I have to get rid of the sewing machine and get myself an nice cozy chair for there ?? …an idea!

more cupborads….

Sr8

my design wall … ( it is 160cm x 200cm or 63” x 79” )

SR9

A few of my favorite things…. I love little bears…

SR15

and sewing items….

SR16

and scissors & lace….

Sr13

This little mouse started the Sewing Room SewAlong

SR14

Quilters Candy….

SR11

My Favorite thing..…my  Sewing machine !

SR10

That about covers it….That’s my Sewing room…that’s where I create & play!

Hope you enjoyed my room…if you ever in the area …stop by for a coffee…we can create something !

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

Just for the record…my sewing room does not normally look this clean ! I tidied up for your visit ! Now I am off to make a mess !

26 comments:

  1. I love your sewing room. I love mine too but it is a bit of a mish mash of furniture atm compared to yours. I bet you love being in there creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, it was well worth the wait to see your sewing room. It's really beautiful. I have my own sewing room also but nothing like yours. Thanks for showing us round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is Quilters Paradise.

    Mir fehlen die Worte, einfach klasse. Ich muß alles an einem kleinen Tisch machen, nähen, messen, schneiden, grosse Stoffteile schneide ich in der Küche, und von einer Designwand kann ich nur träumen.

    Hab ein schönes Wochenende
    lg
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us to your room, you really have a nice room to create!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Liz,

    ein wundervoll und liebevoll eingerichtetes Nähzimmer hast du uns gezeigt...herzlichen Dank.Ein toller Raum, für kreative Ideen.

    LG Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Your sewing room is PERFECT :-)
    I´m a little bit envious ;-)
    Please tell me where You´ve found the embroidery with the Featherweight : I really need one :-) And I need a little pincushion-mouse, a candyglass for laceborders and those old-fashioned clothespins, and some more close-up photos of Your sewing room :-))
    hugs
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liz,
    what an inspiring and inspired room. I´m a leattle, but just a little envious because I only have my kitchen table...But I´m working to change this soon.
    Hugs
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ich bin beeindruckt!!!!
    Soooooo aufgeräumt,Wahnsinn!!!!
    Ein tolles Nähzimmer hast du.
    Lg
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved peeking into your studio space...the divider table you have which separates your computer from your sewing area is really neat...and I have to say that I'm also a huge IKEA loving fan! great job..and I'm happy to have popped in here to see your studio.

    hope you'll visit mine....

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liz your space is wonderful and oh so big!! My lil closet space looks paltry in comparison! Love the piece you are working on at the sewing machine!

    Hope you might come by and see my new space!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this beautiful room. I do all my sewing in the kitchen. Everything I use has to be put away each time I'm finished.......
    I'd love to have a room like yours.

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sewing area....oh to dream of all that space...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Liz,
    I'm over here from WBC. Such a lovely space you have. It must be a joy to sew in such a pretty organized space.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Liz,

    this room is wonderful! You Lucky one! I would love, to have such a great place to work......

    It is really a DREAM!

    Have a happy new week!
    love and hugs,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, now THAT looks like a professional's sewing room! All the machines, fabric and storage (love the cabinets!!)

    Adore the little fabric mouse and teenie teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is funny...my room is never clean either..but it is for the tour!! LOL!!! love the fabric of course...and your cutting table. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaah! This is a wonderful space with lots of room to spread out! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Danke für den Blick in dein wunderbares Nähzimmer! Davon träum wohl eine jede von uns! Im Moment verstalte ich Chaos in allen Räumen, die Nähmaschine steht im Wohnzimmer auf einem winzigen Tisch, die Stickmaschine in der Diele und Zuschneiden mache ich je nach Menge auf dem Küchen- oder Dielentisch. Vor dem Wochenende, wenn die Familie einfliegt, muss ich dann AUFRÄUMEN, leider...
    LG
    Valomea

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your room! Pretty and functional. An ironing board is just part of the furniture when you sew! Mine is out all the time, just made a new cover for it to match my room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are cracking me up with the ironing board! space! That is something I would have done! LOL! Show us how it really is! (I did clean up for the blog hop- but I have videos if the craziness I once had, so the ironing board is NOTHING in comparison! My hubby could not believe I showed those pics on line! LOL! Here's a link if you want to see the "before"

    http://letsembellish.blogspot.com/2012/03/manic-mondays-operation-clean-up.html

    I loved when we walked in seeing those wonderful big tables , ready for someone to come amd create!! You have a lovely room! Thanks for sharing! BTW I love those pretty necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your creative space so much light. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Liz!! I love your studio! It looks very comfortable and has a very happy vibe about it. Thank you so much for sharing it with everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your sewing room.... I am an aspiring quilter - yes a late bloomer (just a student now) and my design wall is not nearly that big! Your space is open and inviting! I will be back to see your creations!

    Thanks for sharing and take care.
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your sewing room, Liz! I think we all tidied up a bit before showing off our spaces. It helped keep me in check until I got my pictures taken. : ) I'm trying to keep on being good though. Love how big this room is and the different areas you have set up. I wish I had room for a cutting table, but my living room floor works good enough. Thanks for sharing your tour!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great space! Thanks for the tour ♥ ஆ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...