Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I’m back…..

but it took me 2 days to recover from my 4 days sewing retreat…I was sooooo tired!! ….I really am getting old !!!

Where do I start ???

I had a great time !!

I didn’t get as much sewn as I hoped to but I did finish a tote !!

Angelika sent me this lovely fabric ….. “ My Favorite Things by Anni Downs”

from Angelika

so I turned it into a tote …that I will carry my “ My Favorite Things” blocks & supplies in while I work on it….. I just love it !!!

MFT bag

MFT Bag 2 …..inside……MFT bag 3

On Friday Lisa took us all went to a “Black Forest Quilter” meeting. It was interesting ( a little long) but it was nice to see some  familiar faces and some lovely quilts.

Saturday we finally got down to some serious sewing, till Birgit showed up with her fabrics…then all craziness broke out …you would of thought we hadn't have seen fabrics in years !

I had seen this crown fabric on Birgit’s blog and just knew I needed some …what would a queen be without her crown !

crowns

I also got these lovely pieces…a little pink !

pink

a few roses …..

roses

and at another shop we stopped by I got a little more pink and a bit of purple !

Bundles

…no shopping trip would be complete without some red ! …what could be better then red polka dots & roses …a must have !dots

Its amazing how fast 4 days can go by when your with a great group of ladies and how slow it goes when your at home with housework ??

ahhhh…I wish I was back at the retreat ! ( but it is good to sleep in my own bed again !)

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

7 comments:

  1. Deine Tasche ist Prachtvoll geworden.
    Genauso wie die Stoffe die du uns zeigst,bin mal gespannt was du daraus zauberst!
    Lg
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    great, that you had such a lovely weekend!
    Your tote is fantastic and I love all your new fabrice! You lucky one :O))))
    Have a happy day,
    hugs,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deine neue Tasche ist super! Da werden sich Deine Stickblöckchen sehr wohl darin fühlen.
    Schön dass Du so eine schöne Zeit hattest!
    LG
    KATRIN W .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back Liz and that you had a wonderful time. Love that bag, you did a great job. How on earth did you manage to make that while with chatting with friends and doing fabric shopping too. I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, da hast du wirklich eine erfolgreiche Zeit gehabt, wunderschöne Tasche (tolle Stoffe :-) und herrliche Souveniers ☺
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I'm really late at responding to your post that you wrote back in August of last year, but I'm curious as to the pattern that you used to make your "My Favorite Things" tote. I really like how it looks and it doesn't look difficult to make. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...