Sunday, September 23, 2012

Showcase Sunday…..

I can’t believe it but its true…no one finished a Sewing Case this week for me to post …( I think your all busy sewing so next week I will have tons of pictures!!! )

Good thing I finished another sewing case yesterday !

I couldn’t have a Showcase Sunday post with nothing to show!! Remember the little fabric piece that the gremlins stole yesterday…..well it belongs to this sewing box….

DaDa…my Chinese Take-out sewing box!!!

CB 1

CB5

CB3

Since I have no other sewing cases to show you…I decided to bombard you with my pictures…Zwinkerndes Smiley

CB4

CB6

CB2

I am embarrassed to admit how long I have had this pattern…lets just say I have goggled it and I can't find it on the net…I don’t think its available anymore??!. But if you want to make your own “Chinese Take-out Sewing Box”…Magpie Shinies has a tutorial on how to make one using an old Chinese take out box as a pattern…….looks the same to me, except I used Velcro dots to close the sides and she stitched them closed…

CB7

…….Isn’t that a great reason to order Chinese food……say its Homework for the SewAlong !

I hope to see some finished Sewing cases for next Sunday’s post..…Off to your machines girls !

Hugs,

8EE70D378876121B41B6BA571C708845

5 comments:

  1. That pattern is one of my favorites and it´s really old. I made a box back in 1998 ;-)
    Don´t ask about my project for this month....
    I have some problems with the pattern :-(
    hugs
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful chinese take out sewing case, dear Liz!
    Have a happy new week,
    hugs,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chinese box is full of surprises, and so pretty!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow you have been busy... That is a great looking sewing box.. and I do love seeing all the pictures.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's delightful. I like it with the velcro buttons better. Maybe some metal poppers would work too. Thanks for sharing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...