Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Spring ???

How do you get into the spring feeling when you have been hit with Snow & Ice ??

snow

ice

Our Christmas snow came a month late but it came !  I love the snow but right now I was really looking forward to some spring feeling ! and Sunshine !!…guess I’ll have to wait but I have to admit it makes it hard to get motived to sew Happy Springy things for the home.

How do you all do it ??

On the weekend our quilting group had its Christmas meeting ( late) and we decided to exchange Spring flowers /things.

When I think of Spring I think of tulips …this is the tulip I made for the secret exchange….

Tulip

and this is the lovely flower I got …I have it on our dining room table and it makes me smile every time I walk past it. (thanks Baerbel)

won flower

Here is a picture of all the other flowers in the secret exchange.

flower exchange 1

flower exchange 2

Don’t these items make you long for Spring ?? They do me !!

Maybe if I make a few butterflies or tulips it’ll help chase the winter blues away  ??

Hugs,DE800EEFBE3A9EFD24885E0D1A509E07

5 comments:

  1. You can't have spring in January!!! You have to wait til March at least :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    I like the winter, when it is cold outside, so you don't have to feel ashamed if you love staying inside the warm and cozy house with a cup of tea and a good book or a nice sentimental movie. But I hate that snow brushing and I don't like that weather ups and downs outside at the moment. My perfect nature would be that: outside nice spring (without any kind of pollens), so you can enjoy sitting in the sun with T-Shrits (but without sweating), and - not too far - a hot summer beach or pool and a skiing mountain.
    ...every winter I once have this thought: the most strange imagination on a cold winter day is that there will be a time (not too far in future!) where you can walk around with bare feet and sun tops. (...and every summer, when it is extrem hot outside, I think it vice versa...)
    Your flower is so nice! I like tulips, too.
    Have a nice winter day and trust me - spring will come once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,

    wonderful are those Spring-things :O)
    Flowers and Birds, and Bees... lovely, yes they make me feel like Spring is coming :O)))

    I know it is still very cold, but better now, then in March or April, when all the flowers and sprouts come out ;O)))

    Wishing you a nice afternoon and a lovely eveing :O)
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flowers are lovely. They make me smile to. When you find spring send some my way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bei diesen schönen Blumen....ist die Vorfreude auf den Frühling
    umso größer.
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...