Monday, March 18, 2013

Bunnies .....

really do multiply !

If you don't believe me ...try sewing only one of "The Little Fabric Blog" Bunnies



I downloaded her Bunny pattern....but then printed it out smaller ( 50% , 65% & 75%) ...the original was to big for me ...I then glued the paper to cardboard ( old cereal box) cut it out...viola a fast template...now we are ready to rock & roll...... you'll have a bunny in 5 minutes..... or a whole basket full in half an hour...don't believe me... here we go !




Take 2 pieces of fabric, wrong sides together ....Lay the template on the right side of your fabric




Trace around the template with a Frixion Erasable Ball point Pen ( If you don't have one of these you will want to get one ...They are fabulous ! ...I have Pink, Brown & blue ) ...you could use chalk or a light pencil too.




Stitch on top of your markings .... ****



 **** But be sure to leave an opening at the bottom !!!!


Cut around the bunny with your Zig Zag Scissors  ...again ...leave the bottom alone !




Take your Bunny to the ironing board...iron it!!... voila the Fixion pen markings disappear !! Now you know why I love these pens... I can mark my fabric and with a touch of an iron, their gone.


Stuff your Bunny....another great use for those chop sticks.


Back to the machine...stitch the bottom opening closed ...you'll be glad you didn't trim the fabric  !


..Now trim the bottom edge....



Add a pretty ribbon ...Viola !! Bunny is done !!!




Believe me ...you won't be able to only make one....
I had to stop myself after 13 !!!



I'll be looking forward to hearing how many you made???

Hugs,

P.S: I think my bunnies need some carrots ???


16 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, those Bunnys are so sweet!
    Tomorrow I MUST do some sewing..... the day is gone and I only did a lot of housework .....
    Have a lovely evening,
    hugs to you,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na die sind aber niedlich!!!!!
    Meiner(Deiner) ist auf Reisen gegangen(grins)
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Liz,

    deine Bunnys sehen so niedlich aus...und du hast sie in schönen Stoffen gearbeitet.
    Leider funktioniert meine Zick-Zack-Schere nicht mehr, sie ist stumpf;-(...sonst hätte ich auch gleich noch ein paar Bunnys genäht;-)

    ༺❤༻
    Herzl.Gruß Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I am going to make some of these today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Liz,
    Habe mich sofort hingestzt und 4 Stück für meine Gruppe genäht, es werden bestimmt noch mehr, danke für den Tipp und liebe Grüße
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Liz,
    ich habe gerade bei Christine Deine Bunnys entdeckt und bin mal flugs auf Deine Seite.
    Deine sind ja süß... Schau mal bei mir vorbei, da läuft ein Giveaway mit den gleichen Hässchen.
    Freue mich auf Deinen Besuch und Dir einen schönen Abend, liebe Grüße, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liz,

    these guys are really lovely.♥

    Hugs

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget the bunnies, your iron is really cute! I wonder whether one can spray paint one's iron....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz,

    your bunnyies are really cute and so fresh in springtime colors!

    Hugs Marle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo Liz, eine wundervolle Hasenparade hast du da gezaubert. allesamt wunderschön.
    Liebe Grüße von mir

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so sweet!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to make some but worried I won't be able to stop. Maybe I should buy some pinking shears first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how cute !!!
    thanks for the idea...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I love your basket of bunnies and they are much lower in calories than the chocolate kind :)
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz - vielen Dank für die Idee - meine Bunnies haben Karotten bekommen - guck mal http://patchcom.blogspot.de/2013/03/lavendelhasen.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. These bunnies are adorable. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this again - clever and FAST!!!

    Liz!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...