Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Bonnet...

Remember the days when women use to get dressed up for Easter in a fancy new bonnet ?? We never had fancy Easter bonnets ....My mother use to dress my sister and me up in frill new dresses and fluffy big bows in our hair ( I hated it ...I'm not a frilly dress kind of girl !...I could love with the bows but the dress had to go !)

For some reason I had this thought yesterday that I needed something Easterly to wear !! If not a bonnet...then...you guessed it ...a purse !

As you know, I make bags with exchangeable flaps...So I decided to make me an Easter flap for my purse..... It that not Easterly !! ???


The Bunny design is from the book "Easy Does it for Spring " by Art to Heart.

Isn't he just to cute ???


The buttons I made with my new button machine ( I will post about that later since officially the Easter Bunny hasn't brought me it yet !)

Today I was at the Bakery picking up bread and the lady behind the counter commented on how sweet my purse was...I beamed with pride...I felt like I had the prettiest Easter Bonnet on in town !

Do you wear anything special for Easter ???

Hugs,



11 comments:

  1. I love your Easter purse. Much better than a bonnet. I don't usually dress up for Easter but you have made me think about it. Happy Easter .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, this bag is awful - throw it far away, I will give you my address, so you don't have to throw that hard and I can easy grab it - from the postman's hands...
    No, honest now...
    This is so cute! Where is the "Like!"-Button if it is needed??? You could put it in the living room and show off with it for the create along project...(I would do so!)
    I had a bag with a changeable flap, too, but I always grab my bags at the flap, so I had to fix it. But no problem - it is a good reason to sew another one :-)
    Shall I tell you that I had to use goole translator to check what is a bonnet? And it says "Motorhaube"... But I guess you mean those bonnets like "half-pint" (Laura Ingalls) wears in "the little house on the prairie", don't you?
    Oh, I could tell you a story about being well dressed on easter sunday.....
    ;-)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is so cute! Beautiful!
    Happy Easter!
    Silvana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Liz. You bag is so cute you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Liz,
    this Bag is so wonderful with the lovely Easter bunny and your selfmade buttons! Did not know, that a Easter Bunny will bring button machines ...LOL.
    Really wonderful!
    Have a HAPPY EASTER, my friend!
    Hugs to you,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is great!
    Happy Easter!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liebe Liz,
    was für eine niedliche Tasche. Total schön, liebe Liz.
    Hab ein schönes Osterfest mit deiner Familie.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! You can use it in spring, too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's adorable! I just checked my wardrobe now for what I can wear to church on Sunday because we've got a breakfast, a service AND a tea. I was looking for something easter-y yet warm, very, very warm. I came up with nothing easter-y and warm lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liebe Liz,
    deine Ostertasche ist ein Hingucker, super schön!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...