Friday, March 8, 2013

Quilting .....


.....truly does make the quilt !

First let me say....I was never one who believed in sending her quilts away to be quilted ...I believed I had to do the whole thing myself ( it all belonged to the pleasure of making a quilt) 
Also I was afraid if I had someone else quilt it for me; that  I would hate what I got back !..we have all heard the horror stories.

The good thing about being a woman is that I can change my mind!! 
And I did  !

- I don't feel I have to do everything myself anymore ! 
- Long Arm Machine Quilters have gotten reeeeeeally good over the last years...they can do amazing things !

About half a year ago, my friend Lisa decided to start a machine quilting business ...I'll admit I wasn't sure how she'd do ...but let me tell you ...she has knocked my socks off ! 

In a leap of faith...I gave her my Millennium Quilt ( I know, the Millennium has come & gone but good things need time!)
I figured it has been sitting waiting to be quilted for 12 years...how bad could she do ?? We discussed a few ideas but I told her to use her judgement and let the quilt inspire her....( I had just wished for a  light feathery design on the border ...I love feather designs and always wanted a quilt to have one.)

This is the quilt  I gave her.....



This is what I got back !  *Be sure to click on the pictures to get a bigger view....
I guess my quilt must of really inspired her since I think she did an amazing job !


Here are some close ups...look at this fabulous quilting.... I LOVE it !!






Don't you just love the feathery border design...


Here are some pictures of the back, so you can see how intensively it is quilted!






If this is any indiction of her work after only 6 months...Watch out Houston...Lisa is coming ...with all my quilts and we're going to get all the ribbons ! LOL

Needless to say, I am more then happy with the machine quilting Lisa did.
I am actually blown away !
I can't believe such a beautiful quilt is mine !
Oh Happy Day !!!

Hugs,

P.S. I have to add the label & binding before it is considered finished but I wanted to share it with you first.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks Liz !!
    yes quilter world here we come :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my dear, what a wonderful Quilt and the Quilting is great.
    Lisa did a great job.
    Mehr englisch geht nicht.;-))
    Einfach wundervoll. Ich war auch immer der Meinung, ich müßte alles selber machen, bin nicht mehr so sicher, aber mir fehlen da die Mittel, um solch einen Auftrag zu vergeben. Da muß ich leider selber durch.

    Hab ein schönes Wochenende
    lg
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Liz,

    dein "Millennium Quilt" ist soo schön!
    und das Quilting ist wunderschön geworden. Wie schön , dass du dich dazu entschlossen hast. Bei mir hat es lange gedauert, bis ich mich fürs Longquilten meines "Samplers" und auch des "Irish Chain" entschlossen hatte...im Nachhinein bin ich sehr zufrieden damit...sonst wären meine Quilts, so glaube ich, wohl auch noch nicht fertig;-)

    Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende,
    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Liz!
    Dieser Quilt ist super schön gequiltet, das Quilting wertet den schönen Quilt nochmal auf.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Liz, das Quilting ist unglaublich!!!! Ich bin gerade selber über dem Quilten meines neuen Riesenquilts und wenn ich das bei Dir sehe, beflügelt es mich wahnsinnig, weiter zu machen!!!
    Also vielen Dank für diese Motivation!
    sagt herzlich Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! I just love sending my special quilts quilts out for quilting as I know I'll never invest in a long arm or have the skills that they have. Getting them back is the best treat ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful! I wonder if she'll take quilts from abroad and send them back? Not that I see a quilt in my future, just that I've just sent one off to the quilter now but I'd rather go with recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course we could send them, just let me know ;-) !

      Delete
  8. oh wow!!! Can you hear my Zalando-Scream? I am not that shoe-addicted (not THAT...), but , hey!, I am a woman and of course I have this special scream in me... My one comes out with quilts, fabrics, "Kitsch" and all dust catching things nobody needs... (sorry - I miss the english word for Kitsch, but you know: cherish teddies, wall hangers, door hangers, table runners, ceramic pigs, ....)
    The quilt is so great! Is it long arm quilted? And is the pattern stored like an embroidery file for the machine?
    Have a nice friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda, it was longarm quilted.
      I usually try and find a pattern while doodling on paper, than I practice on paper for a while. All patterns are done freehand, no machine pattern or printed pantographs.
      glad you like it !

      Delete
  9. Wow, what a fantastic quilt and so wonderful quilting.

    Greetings from Germany , Grit

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is beautiful Liz and what a fabulous job she did on the quilting.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liebe Liz,
    ein toller Quilt und ein ganz besonders schönes Quilting. Viel, viel Freude damit.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a faulous quilting job. Your quilt is lovely. It must feel good to have it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Liz,

    what a wonderful work! The Quilting looks georgeous and it was really worth to change your mind ;O)

    Your Quilt is such a beautiful Work, I love the fabrics you choosed!

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs to you,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt and the quilting is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That is a great quilt, and an excellent example of "the quilting makes the quilt!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations - Lisa is just a whizard at the longarm !! Seems like nothing can stop her ;-)) Don't wait too long with the binding - we want to see that beauty FINISHED !!
    Take care,
    Frauke

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...