Thursday, April 11, 2013

Genevieve ....

Slowly I am recovering from my Sewing weekend ...I have caught up on my sleep ( if thats possible), everything is put away ( to a point),  house is cleaned ( kind of),  wash needs to be done ...but I decided I would rather blog then do the laundry!

By now some of you have seen that I was lucky enough to test a bag pattern for Christine. I was really sad that I had missed her call for testers since I love her designs ( I have made one and one pattern is still waiting) but as luck would have it ...on the long Easter weekend she wrote me ...a tester jumped out and if I was still interested in testing the bag ?
The only problem was that I had 2 day to sew the purse and send my report in...after 30 seconds of contemplating if a I could do it...I hit the send button ...I would be thrilled !

I usually work best under pressure ( and with deadlines)... I had just bought this adorable fabric from NaestuebchenUntermDach to make a purse to match my jacket...the timing was perfect...why not ?


I have to admit when Chris sent me the pattern and I saw it had 93 pages I got a bit worried !
First I thought I should make the easy flap but I knew I really wanted to make the one with the piping....so I started cutting bias strips ...and I am reeeally glad I did !

Let me present Genevieve!

The pattern comes with 3 flap versions, it is easy to sew, has lots of pictures, best of all it is a super nice purse !
The only thing that could give a beginner some trouble is all the piping...its not hard to sew, just very time consuming ( next time I will buy ready made piping instead of making my own) ...if you use ready made piping, it goes faster!

It is loaded with pockets... under the flap ....


Normally inside this pocket is a little Cell phone pocket but since I don't have a cell phone ( yes, there are people that are not slaves to SMS & FB...LOL) so I left it out.


The Inside has ....a zipper pocket & one for all the other little things you don't want floating around your purse....

You can see that the pretty piping design continues on the back...

Even the straps have bit of "bling bling" ! ( ignore the pink markings form my Frixion marker ..I have to iron it away ...I didn't notice it till I posted this picture )

Hope you enjoyed seeing my version of Genevieve ....be sure to see the other versions on Christine's Blog ...ChrisWDesigns

Mia's Creations is having a giveaway for the pattern...pop over and try your luck and see her beautiful version

Hugs,




10 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    your Genevieve is wonderful!
    Have a happy week,
    big hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy Christine got you as a bag tester. You did a beautiful job of the bag and soooooooo quick. It matches perfectly with your coat. Thanks for the link back to the giveaway on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    deine Tasche ist klasse geworden ... die Arbeit hat sich wirklich gelohnt.
    Liebe Grüße, Christa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Liz,
    eine super Arbeit hast du geleistet! Der Stoff ist hübsch, mir gefallen auch die Biesen, eine wunderschöne Tasche!
    Hugs
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Tasche sieht so toll aus. Einfach Klasse.

    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, beautiful purse matches your jacket perfectly WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE ???????? lol
    Driving the Autobau and no phone

    hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Klasse!!! You did such a wonderful job Liz....thank you for testing for me and I hope you will test future designs for me as well!? :)
    Christine
    - ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Die Tasche passe perfekt zu Deiner Jacke!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous Liz, I love the fabric you used x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...