Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm back

Hamburg is a city worth visiting !!
We only spent a couple days there but what we saw was interesting.

The famous Reeperbahn was full of color & excitement as I expected!!
The girls of "pleasure" were everywhere..I popped into a souvenir shop to get me a thimble...my hubby waited outside... then I heard him talking to someone...it turns out one of the ladies of the night propositioned him!!!... He told her thats he's waiting for his wife ! ( good hubby)...after that I didn't leave his side!!! ( smart wife)

My Hubby wanted to take a boat trip through the harbor ....I thought we were going on a big boat...

......this is the boat we ended on!!!
For the first few minutes I thought I was going to lose my lunch...but once we started moving I was fine. The tour was great...the guide very informative and everyone got wet from the waves except me...guess I picked the right seat?
Speaking of lunch....as we were walking down the Reeperbahn we came across as little restaurant "bei Teresa" ...that had homemade Polish food ....I haven't had Perogies in such a looooong time ...they were delicious !! and really Homemade !!

I managed to snap a picture before they were all gone ! ( I definitely will be going there again !)

We saw The Lion King while were there. I don't have to tell you how great it was!!! It was fabulous!!!
We had seats in the 3rd row...I could see the six-packs on the dancers ....ahhhh Chippendales for the cultured !!!
What I thought was cool, was that the theater was built on an little island in the harbor and a boat took you across to the theater. ..very romantic.!
(they are building another theater next to it)

I almost forgot the whole reason we went to Hamburg...to talk to the doctors. The clinic & staff were wonderful...you felt like a real person and not just like a case.
You should see my doctor...yummy!!  Finally a doctor that looks like he belongs on Grays Anatomy!!
I will have knee surgery in the middle of May. They are not replacing it yet...they want to try something else ...I'll save you all the boring / gory details..
Since I was not really looking forward to having them cutting out my knee and pulling in a metal one...I will go with the doctors recommendation..if this doesn't work, they can always replace it later...l'm not running away.

...here are a few more pictures of Hamburg.
Now I am off to play in the garden....the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the weeds need to the pulled ! ...I think we will grill today...anyone want to join us ??

Hugs,


P.S: ...I have no idea why my text size is so strange...hopefully tomorrow it will be normal ??

10 comments:

  1. Course you're not running away....til your knee is better anyway, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Liz,
    ich wünsche Dir, die beste
    Heilung für Dein Knie .
    Viele liebe Grüße
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back home and enjoyed your visit to Hamburg. Pictures I'm sure don't do justice to the place sounds wonderful
    Hugs Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back. Yummy doctors!!!!! Maybe hubby should be keeping an eye on you. LOLLL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, you didn't write about the biggest attraction in Hamburg - or didn't you see the Alps and Scandinavia and Knuffingen???
    I guess it is a good decision to try something before replacing bones with metal - as you mentioned is THAT chance available later...
    Enjoy playing in the sun!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Liz,
    es freut mich, dass ihr so einen schönen Aufenthalt in Hamburg hattet, vielen Dank für die schönen Fotos!
    Es freut mich auch, dass du dich in der Klinik gut betreut fühltest, ich drücke dir die Daumen, dass dein Knie nachher wie neu sein wird.
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making me envious! Oh how I would LOVE to take a trip like that (minus the doctors visit - depite the yummy doctor! LOL)! Sounds like you had a good time....and yes...I agree with Maria....maybe your hubby should be keeping an eye on YOU! LOLLLL
    Christine
    ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz,
    glad you are back and you had such a lovely time in Hamburg! I was smiling reading the story with your hubby :O)))
    I am glad you did feel so good in the Clinic.....and having a lovely doctor ...LOL...hope they can really help you and your knee will be as new after the surgery!

    Whart a shame I am too late..... I yould have been coming arround for grilling ;O)

    Have a wonderful day,
    big hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liebe Liz,
    schön, dass du so eine gute Zeit in Hamburg hattest und dass es deinem Knie bald wieder bessergeht...
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a good time, Liz. We have been to Hamburg last week, too. ;)


    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...