Friday, September 27, 2013

Lombard Street

...isn't only a street in San Francisco but another great bag pattern that Christine of ChrisW Designs designed! Your gonna love this bag ! I am so glad I got to test the pattern because now I have this cool bag !

This post is very color intensive...you better put your sunglasses on !

Welcome to Lombard Street...with all its twists and turns !
The front is loaded with tons of pockets...

.....even one for your cell phone......
and a hidden one with a zipper !
The pockets don't stop there....there is a great big pocket on the back, for your iPad !!  Its padded to keep your iPad or tablet safe.


If those aren't enough pockets.. there are more inside !!! 

Christine should of called this pattern " Chock full of Pockets" !! ....do you think I drink to much coffee???
In case you haven't seen enough pictures ...here are a few more ..I love the flowers on the gussets!

....love the recessed zipper to keep everything safe inside.
The pattern calls for these real cool oval eyelets but since I couldn't find any...I did it the old fashion way ...with a D- Ring & a slider since I like adjustable straps. I didn't have enough fabric for the straps and ...so I improvised...I used webbing and sewn pieces on top of it to match the bag. I think it is was a good solution.


If you want to make this cool iPad bag...you can find the pattern in Christine's Shop ....
It is an advanced pattern but have no fear, it is extremely well written and consist of  47 pages and 81 pictures ! You will be very happy you made one....I know I am !

Incase you are wondering where you can find the fabric... it is at Irmgard's shop and is called Nina. You may remember me posting about this fabric and how cool I found it. 
My hubby though I was crazy when I said I was going to cut it apart to make this bag...The first cut was the hardest to make but I had a vision so I just had to do it my way...besides, sometimes its nice to prove him wrong !  ( when I showed him the finished bag...he said I was right !!..those words are music to my ears !!! )
Now if I could only convince him I need an iPhone for my bag ! 

Hugs,
P.S: Irmgard, I hope you like what I did with the one fabric ? I haven't decided on the other one yet !



25 comments:

  1. Good morning Liz,
    WOW... another lovely bag you made! I love the 3D Fabrics! Wonderful for this bag!
    Have a happy day and a happy weekend too!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, you did a really good job ! This bag is so cool :-) I don´t think you need an Iphone . You´ld rather get an GPS for it ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boah!!! Liz, was hast Du aus dem Stoff gemacht!!!!! Mir fehlen die Worte! So cool - einfach nur genial! DANKE für die Bilder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, schön, praktisch, GENIAL!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm speechless Liz. This is the most wonderful fabric and just perfect for this bag. You always turn up with some lovely surprises and I'm always waiting in anticipation to see what your next creation will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was für eine fröhliche große Tasche!
    LG Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mean to point fingers or be mean...but you really confused me when I saw this on Christine's blog....I was like, how on earth did she sew all of those felt flowers on?! So you're to blame for my confusion. By way of apology, I'll accept chocolate. :)

    There's not one ugly item you make Liz, I'm so glad you're back sewing now and I hope you've fully recovered from your op xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing fabrics ... the birds, the flowers, the dots, the plaid. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great colorful fabric! There's no way to not be happy when you look at this purse. You did a great job. About cutting the fabric I can imagine is like cutting a cake that is super decorated. Sometimes I don't understand why people make very elaborate cakes just to cut them up and eat it. !? Back to the bag. It's just amazing how you cut the fabric to feature great pieces at the right place in the purse!! Lots of work there!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liz when I first saw your bag on Christine's blog posting, I flipped over that fabric. I had never seen anything like it. I will take a look at the link where you got it in a minute. I absolutely love how your Lombard Street bag looks in that gorgeous fabric! You will definitely be stopped all the time because people will be asking you about your beautiful bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect fabric and embellishing for this cool bag! It is gorgeous and fun!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liebe Liz,
    da hast du ja für deinen tollen 3D-Stoff eine traumhaft schöne Tasche gefunden. Jetzt bin ich ein wenig neidisch.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  14. This bag is amazing and the fabric is stunning.
    valspierssews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Again, Thank you for testing for me Liz....LOVE LOVE LOVE your version! Now i am off to add WHERE to get that fabric, to my blog post...people NEED to KNOW! LOLLL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, oh, oh - this is soooooo incredibly amazing - I think I am in the deepest kind of bag envy. That fabric is mind-blowing! And the way you have worked the print to maximise both the pattern and the fabric is nothing short of genius. Congrats Liz on a stunning piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic bag - and the farbric wow together amazing !
    The Designer did a great job and so did you sewing all those pockets :o)
    Hugs
    Ingrid
    Samsø

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did your homework very well. Mark 1***

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the fun, colorful fabric, and the felt flowers are just the perfect icing on the cake. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. All Latest and Current Affairs, News updates about Forex Business. Latest Currency news updates, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...