Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kennedy Bag ...free pattern !

I was thrilled when Sara of Sew Sweetness asked me to test this bag pattern since it was going to be offered in Sew Mama Sew for free !!!

Let me present...The Kennedy Bag... or as I call it "Brown Bear with a touch of red  !
...the inside has the touch of red ! I couldn't have all that brown without a little red could I ??

......the pattern is pretty easy to sew. The one change I made was ...the instructions say to sew small buttonholes for the buckle pins...but since I didn't want to goof up the faux leather...I decide to install small eyelets...it worked great and was way easier then setting up the machine for buttonholes.

The buckles on the front remind me of the old fashion school bags.


Once again this is a good size bag.... 14" x 11" x 5 " ( 36cm x 28cm x 13cm)
If you would like to make your own " Brown Bear with a touch of red" …I mean "Kennedy Bag" ......pop over to Sew Mama Sew and download the pattern for free !!
Be sure to see all the other testers version …*here*
Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. This is seriously amazing! I've never worked with leather before - faux or otherwise! Is it hard? Any tips? Also, did you use any interfacing or similar with the leather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great combination of leather and text fabric. I love it! It's very professionally made. Those buckles are very well installed. Love, Love, Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Liz....you always choose the most perfect fabrics and I LOVE that touch of red! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Liz,
    what a wonderful bag! Thank you for telling and showing us and the Link to the pattern :O)
    Happy sewing day to you,
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely, much nicer than my old school satchel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulous! Wish I had thought of using leathers for my test bag! thanks for your comment on mine! Ive added you to my daily bloglovin list of reads too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bag and fabrics and your work is super! I already downloaded the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diese Tasche sieht richtig professionell aus!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't have one of your bags without some red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always you did a fantastic job. Love the pleather look and the little bit of red hiding away inside the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GAH! This is gorgeous! I mean, seriously, utterly gorgeous! Now I really need to figure out how to work with leather, or even faux leather, because this bag is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bag is stunning! I love the color combination! Question for you...where did you find your buckles? I'm trying to make my own and can't find what a good selection. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your win on Purse Palooza!! I knew your purse was great! I'm very happy for you! Keep the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your win!!! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win! I love how your bag turned out! You always use such great fabric!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...