Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Park West Bag....

I am happy to finally be able to show you another bag I had the pleasure of testing for Sara at Sew Sweetness.

When I saw the pattern ...right away I thought about Paris..so I had to use this Paris linen I had been saving.....and of course it called for some red polka dots....
 I love the side pockets this bag has....
 It has a recessed zipper.....easy to install ......
I have to admit I was first worried about the straps...if the little tabs would come out even...surprisingly it was no problem....
For extra stability on the bottom...I sewed in one of those thin flexible plastic cutting mats...I read the tip on Christine's Blog....it was super easy to cut to size and no problem sewing through it ...and it gives the bottom a bit more hold....great tip !
Inside also is a zipper.....
I also added gathered pockets on the other side since this is a big purse I need lots of pockets to find things !
To finish it off I added this Eiffel Tower key chain that I had bought in Paris .....I figured this was the perfect bag to attach it to.
This is a big bag 18" long x 13" tall  ( 46cm x 33cm ) the kind you need for a day of shopping in Paris...Now I just have to convince my Hubby we need to go there again!

Be sure to pop over to Sara's Blog to see all the other testers versions...lovely work!
Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Dear Liz,
    Just one word: WOW!!!!
    Hugs :-)))))
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous bag Liz - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful bag you have sewed, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the bag. It looks very classy and femenine. Ready for Paris!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how your bag turned out! I love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das ist ja ein schönes Täschchen, der Tupfenstoff macht sich doch einfach immer wieder gut, und in Kombination mit "Paris" ganz besonders.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das ist ne tolle Tasche,sieht Klasse aus.
    Beautiful.
    Lg Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ich bekomme gerade Schnappatmung,wie schööööööö ist die denn.
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, you should pop to Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. And I love the gathered pockets idea! My pockets always flop and this is perfect! I made a bag too for Sara and it was an easy pattern. I did, however, widen the accent strip by 1/2" all around and I think it balances the size of the bag a bit better. I'm Carol, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bag is awesome.... love your details!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's fab, gorgeous fabric and great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a awesome bag, Liz, I love, love, love it ....... <3
    Hugs,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...