Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Schnabelina Bag...

Lately I have been so busy sewing that I have had very little time for the computer ( good for my sewing but bad for my blog !)
Unfortunately I can't show you all the stuff yet ( a couple are test patterns, which means I have to wait for the release date...stayed tuned !)

But...I did manage to sew the bag from "Schnabelinas Welt" SAL ....I had wanted to make it out of denim ( a everyday jeans bag)  but since I didn't have any denim ...I found a old denim dress in the "jeans that don't fit" box...after a few snips here and there...this is what I ended up with !

This is my Schnabelina Bag.....

 You decide which is the front and back ...both sides look good to me.

This purse has tons of zippers & pockets....

The top....

 the front....

 the back...
inside...

but my favorite one of all is the one in the gusset.... this makes it a real shopping bag...if you buy much stuff...just unzip the bottom and viola ...more space ( the inner lining has a big box pleat to allow for the extra space...very clever!)

 ...don't you just love that ???


I sewed the "small" version ( she posted 3 sizes) and I find the small BIG... Its 17" x 11" x 5" (43cm x 28cm x 13cm)

I had a lot of fun sewing this bag.. but only after I had taped & cut out all the pattern pieces...

....Rosi did a fabulous job on her tutorial !!! I have to admit that due to all the pictures I had no problem...I even learn a few things ! Pop over and see all the colorful versions ...she has posted 263 bags !! ( of course I finished mine on the last day...but I made it !)
Happy Sewing !
Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. You are amazing, the speed at which you sew and your bag is amazing too. I love the zip in the gusset. I've saved the tutorial to attempt at a later date when I have more time but after seeing all your pattern pieces I'm a bit put off LOLLLL
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Bag! Wow! 263 Bags! Was it a sew along? Amazing! There are so many great versions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the front looks just as good as the back! And yes, I love the zipper gusset!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Liz, you busy Bee :O)))
    a wonderful Bag again!
    Have a lovely day and Happy sewing!
    Love and hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Liz,
    it's a perfectly wonderful bag! I like the jeans-recycling too...
    Valomea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deine Jeans Variante sieht super aus!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Liz,
    Deine Tasche ist super geworden, und Du hast sie perfekt genäht, bei den vielen Bildern zur Anleitung hattest Du sicher auch keine Probleme.
    Liebe Grüße
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fantastic bag. Love bags. Have to little time.
    I am still looking for fabric for my Bow Pleat bag...I think I HAVE to take the ferry to the mainland to find what I want.
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Demin, demin ... there rings a bell in my head. There was something with demin...
    I recommend taking this bag to Nähstübchen tomorrow. It seems to have enogh space for fabric shopping.
    Hugs Katja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liebe Liz,
    auch deine Schnabelina ist einfach eine Augenweide!!! Wunderschön. Tolle Stoffe, tolle Farben, sehr, sehr schön!!!
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bag! Looks like a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...