Friday, December 20, 2013

in 4 Days ...

Christmas will be here...and I am still not in the "HoHo" mood !
Where is my Christmas spirit ??
Did the grinch steal it ??
Am I getting old and grumpy ??

Whatever the reason...in a last attempt to get that Christmasy feeling, I dug out an "old" Christmas UFO !! I am ashamed to admit how long it has been sitting at the bottom of the UFO box ... and 3 blocks already quilted !
This is a big quilt 186cm x 237cm ( 74" x 94") and I remember it being a royal pain in the butt trying to machine quilt it...thats why it was buried at the bottom of the box!

Since I was on a roll quilting my 2 other quilts, I figured I would give it a try...I am really surprised how good it is going( maybe I shouldn't say that to loud ?)  Right now I am doing the crosshatching on the blocks... and I can tell you having the bigger space on the machine really does make a difference ! I am loving my new machine!

Here is a sneak peek at my 12 Days of Christmas Quilt !
All the blocks are machine appliquéd.
In two evening I quilted 7 blocks...only 2 more to go....here you can see the 11th day marked.
I draped the quilt over my cutting table so you could get a bit of an idea of how it looks...BIG !
My Hubby came into my sewing room and asked if the quilt will be done for Christmas...
...I said "Of Course" ...I just don't know "which" Christmas ??!! 
Back to quilting.....and trying to get that HoHo feeling !!
Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    what a georgeous Quilt!
    I am sure it will be done by Christmas :O)
    Happy 4.th Advent-Weekend and happy Quilting :O)
    Hugs
    Claudia
    P.S. I do not have any Christmas feelings too ... I guess it is the weather..no snow, not cold....perhaps it will come on Monday? Or at least Tuesday ??? ...LOL ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Liz,
    das sieht doch sehr gut aus! Und das schaffst Du schon noch bis zu diesen Weihnachten!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Liz it's beautiful, how could this possibly have been a ufo, shame on you. It's going to look even more beautiful than it already is when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, I've stolen your Hoho feeling! Please forgive me xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...