Monday, January 6, 2014

On the 12th day of Christmas......

......I finished machine quilting my quilt!!!!
I just finished the last stitch now !
Sorry for the crazy looking picture but it is night and raining out, so this is as good as it gets. Tomorrow I will try to make a better picture.

That is the most quitting I have ever done on a quilt... I think the worse part was drawing the feather design on the whole thing...I didn't trust myself to do it totally free form it...I had to cheap a bit !
Thanks goodness for Frixion pens !!
Now I have to just trim a million threads, square it up ...make the binding and sew it on ! 
But the hardest part is over...the quilting !! Which means it should be done by this Christmas !!
Hugs,
P.S. Today is 3 Kings Day ...which means Christmas is official over ! Tomorrow I start to pack the decorations up...another job I just love!! 

9 comments:

  1. The quilt is perfection Liz. The blocks are gorgeous and your quilting has left me speechless. I don't know why but we were always told that the Christmas tree should come down before the 11th Jan. That's when I take mine down but I may do it a little sooner this year. I want to get the house back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Maria...the quilt is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Liz,
    this Quilt is georgeous!
    Happy sewing day,
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be proud! You quilted beautifully!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schaut richtig super aus!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Liz that quilt is awesome! So much work (and love) went into that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liebe Liz,
    das sieht wirklich richtig, richtig toll aus!!! Haste schön gemacht.
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...