Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bye Bye Love Bag....

Even thought my Muse is still missing I managed to sew my "Bye Bye Love Bag".
When the Bag of the Month Club started in January, I was so excited ( I still am) I just never thought I would get so far behind !!
Finally ...here is Januarys Bag....the pattern was designed by Sara of Sew Sweetness.
I figured the striped linen fabric that I picked up at Irmgards shop a couple of weeks ago would be perfect for this pattern. I also used Pleather for the accent parts and handles.

The bag has lots of pockets...the front has two large pockets that normally have magnet closures but I decided to use Velcro instead ( my magnet order hasn't arrived yet !)

The back of the bag also has a zippered pocket...it is big enough to almost fit my iPad!
  Of course there are more pockets inside...you knew there would be some red somewhere ! As you can see here, this is big bag !....its 13" wide X 14 " tall and 5.5" deep !
It will easily hold a laptop ( or two!!)
 ...and one of the pockets does fit my iPad ! I added a snap for when I am not using it for an iPad.
 I am pleased with how the bag turned out...the pattern was easy to follow with lots of pictures and instructions...even setting the zipper wasn't a problem.
 I thought my machine might have a problem sewing through 4 layers of pleather for the handles but once I put in a #100 Jean needle it was no problem. The right needle makes a difference!
Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. GREAT work Liz...as usual! One would not know you have lost your Muse! Oh and...Better late than never! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    another wonderful Bag again!
    Looks, like you found your MUSE again ;O)
    Have a lovely and happy sewing day and week!
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz!
    Das ist wieder eine wunderbare Tasche geworden! Die Streifen zusammen mit dem Leder ergeben einen sehr noblen Touch!
    LG
    Valomea

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do a great job and this is no exception. I was a little surprised to see no red or polda dots then saw the lining LOL I've still to make mine. At the rate I'm going it will get made in Jan of next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice, Liz. Love that bold color of the lining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wenn so tolle Taschen entstehen wenn Deine Muse fehlt, wie müssen dann die Taschen sein wenn sie da ist. Tolles Muster, habe leider nicht verstanden wie ich es bekomme.
    LG Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric choice Liz. I like the accent of pleather too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and professional! The pleather handles are great. Nice pop on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous!! Love your fabrics and pleather!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Die Tasche ist sehr schön geworden, und wenn etwas so gut gelingt, muss doch die Nählust wieder zurück kommen!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liebe Liz,
    tu nicht schummeln, deine Muse sitzt längst wieder auf deiner Schulter...deine Tasche ist jedenfalls sehr schön geworden. Toll!!!!
    L.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice bag!! I really like how you've used the pleather as an accent--I am interested in trying something like that, too.

    Thanks for sharing the tip about the sewing needles! I'll definitely remember that. :)

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Love the bag!
    I clicked on the little picture at the bottom of your post about the monthly sewing room sew alongside...
    Are you organizing one for 2014?
    Thanks for all you do, love your blog!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great bag Liz. I really love the fabrics you chose. The bright pink lining looks especially nice and it is made beautifully.
    I'll keep that tip on the needle you used in mind.
    Hugs,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bags are such great inspiration! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...