Thursday, March 20, 2014

Gaby's Gift....


Since today is suppose to be a 20° sunny day...so I am off to the garden to look for my muse...I am sure she is hiding out there among the flowers
.....before she went missing.... I managed to sew a few birthday gifts for some friends....here is the first one.

You may recognize this pouch ...I had made it for one of our nieces at Christmas but if the truth be told...when I first saw the fabric, I right away thought of my friend Gaby A ...she loves wild bold colors ! It cried her name!

So for her birthday I had to make the pouch for her too...after all, the fabric was bought with her in mind! I am happy to say she loved it !

The cosmetic pouch is a large version of the Susie pouch ( approx 9" x 12")
 The little pouch is the Pleated Pouch pattern by Keylou Patterns . I sewed it a bit different since trying to turn pleather & vinyl inside out is a nightmare ...I just sewed it without turning and zigzaged the edge to make it look pretty.


Now Gaby is ready for our next sewing weekend ! 
Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Lucky Gaby! I love these bags that you do with the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Liz,

    dein Freundin Gaby hat Glück, dass du sie mit so schönen Taschen beschenkt hast...und sie wird sich bestimmt sehr gefreut haben.
    Sie sind sehr schön geworden!

    ༺❤༻
    Herzl. Gruß und eine schöne Restwoche,
    wünscht dir
    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you absolutely sure your muse is missing????? That pouch is absolutely wonderful. And the colors.......I totally agree with Gaby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course she loved it Liz, you made it just for her! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz,
    what a lovely gift for your friend! She will be very happy!
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Liz,
    na siehst du? Geht doch! Da ist sie wieder die Taschen-Muse. Sehr hübsch, was ihr zwei da genäht habt.
    l.G.
    sigisart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute! And excellent how you handled the pleather and vinyl.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Einfach klasse.hast du super hinbekommen!!!!!
    LG
    Gitta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work as always Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely things you've been making Liz.I really like the pleated pouch. Thanks for the link.
    I hope you find your missing mojo soon as we will miss seeing your lovely finishes.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...